ODBC type mistmatch with DATE or DATETIME Fields.

When trying update or insert fields type date or datetime into Visual Foxpro, dBase, DB2
table using ODBC driver fails.

ERROR
Error al actualizar la base de datos:
[Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]Data type mismatch.

View SQL
UPDATE cuentas SET ctdesc = 'VALORES A DEPOSITAR ', fecha = ‘2011-06-07’ WHERE ctcodi = 2

DOES NOT WORK. SCRIPTCASE trying update a date or datetime fields as STRING.
Therefore fails “Type mistmatch”

This is a BUG and not a ODBC driver problem.

Has anyone else tried this?
Does anyone know how to fix?

Thanks.

Re: ODBC type mistmatch with DATE or DATETIME Fields.

Hi,

Yes we found that bug,

We will release a fix as soon as possible.

Thank you

Thanks, it is very important. I like the product.

Alejandro.

Hi, when this bug is fixed?

thanks

Hi, when this bug is fixed?

thanks

Hi daguard,

We still awaiting the fix, when they fixed it will appear in our changelog.

I think that SC team takes too much time to solved bugs or errors into the framework, bugs that were to found for users and forum?s people. This case was reported three months ago (June 8th) , but it?s not fixed yet. Maybe the SC team waits for to have a group or lot of bugs fixed to finally released to users (SC?s customers) who has problem with these projects waiting long time for solution or answers. It?s a bad practice because we are waiting for solution, quickly and efective. In addition to a lot of users are losing money while SC team takes several months to give us solutions that finally are garanties for a software product (good product) with some important errors.

Regards

JG

Hi, JG: That’s true for more than 1 year I am waiting for this. A shame because it is a good product for rapid development.

Thanks for commenting.

POr favor cuando no van a solucionar el bug…
Error
Se produjo un error al acceder a la base de datos
[Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]Operator/operand type mismatch.
SelectLimit(SELECT nrocuenta, nrofactura, f_emision, limitepago, mesdesde, meshasta from sc_tblfacturacion where nit=‘4517’ and ( f_emision = ‘2011-05-01’ ) , 17, 0)
Se pago una licencia, por lo tanto deber?an ser mas diligentes en las soluciones al producto que venden.

Hello,

I had a Customer that had the same Problem, and I found a solution.

If you are interested, I can make you a Tutorial to show you how to resolve this issue, but I have to charge for this Service. (Creation of Tutorial, time passed to resolve the Issue, etc.)

Don’t hesitate to come to me and ask me.

[QUOTE=rdoebeli;38042]Hello,

I had a Customer that had the same Problem, and I found a solution.

If you are interested, I can make you a Tutorial to show you how to resolve this issue, but I have to charge for this Service. (Creation of Tutorial, time passed to resolve the Issue, etc.)

Don’t hesitate to come to me and ask me.[/QUOTE]

I think its perfect you offer your services and get paid for them. In fact, I have mine on my signature. But I don’t think thath answer on a post, offering publicly paying services for a workaround for a bug, its not very welcomed by the community.

Just my opinion.