One Scriptcase disaster after anotheeer!

I just reported how our 500 Apps and 350 tables project got destroyed by SC bugs.
Over 200 Forms got their TEXT() fields sizes messed up and all of them had to be corrected manually (which was over 3 days work)!.

Now another disaster just hit !

Suddenly I opened the project and 3 folders with the few dozens of Apps are gone. Since I remembered some App names I did the search and was able to find them and open, but there are several dozens of them.
I tried to go back in time and checked 5 previous version and no matter which version I open the 3 folders are gone.
What sucks is that the folders are virtual and the App are not placed in their folders on the drive. They only get those folders assigned in the SC internal database (SQLite) which is super, super unreliable database to use and store program data).

when I open properties to select an App for lookup etc. I am presented with the screen to select a folder with the App and then I can see the missing folders on that list but not in the main Project window view. As I said I can also find those Apps through search (if I know the App name close enough), but dealing with 500 names is a super hard task…

I have asked NETMAKE several times to add FOLDER name column in the App list, but they are so dumb, they could not even understand (in plain English) what I am asking for. Such a column would help locate those apps and perhaps reassign them to the missing folders. Organizing Apps on the production server would also help to manage big projects.

I am really not sure how to deal with this and I wonder if anybody else ever had such a problem.

That’s a nightmare! What version are you using?
Did you try the below…

Advice to anyone using Scriptcase to manage large projects: change the repository database from Sqlite to some other more stable solution.
For example MySql / MariaDB are decidedly more performing, they manage multi-users much better and, not negligible thing, they are easily subject to automations for scheduled backups.
In our company we have done this since we first started using Scriptcase.

2 Likes

sorry for your los, hope you recover the configuration. i used to manually backup all projects but that is not an automated way.
so how do i migrate sqlite to a sql server database? I realise your lost project was not on your server-based database but on sqlite. what was a reason for that?
i appreciate your tips

The most convenient way is to export all your projects, make a binary backup, install a fresh copy, and setup MySQL as the repository. You can decide while installing nowadays. Then import. We use MariaDB with a 10 user license and it works well.

3 Likes

Hi,

how can i change the SC internal DB from SQLite to MariaDB for ex. ?
During a new setup i coudn’t find anything ?

Installation used on Linux Server.

Thanks and kind regards

Siegmar

SQLite is not suitable for more than (perhaps 1000 records). SQLite should not be used for any development. IT IS SUPER UNRELIABLE. I have many tools which use SQLite internally. All of the suffer from issues related to dB.

No, we still working on the Forms and issues caused by SCRIPTCASE disaster. The worst part is that this has been reported twice to NETMAKE. They stated that the issue is resolved. That is why we went to update the dictionary, not being aware that THEY LIED !!!

Yes we do have some backups, but restoring backups means loosing at least 2-3 days of work , so either way it is really, really bad.

NETMAKE have not even said a one word of appology ! this company sucks