Overall interface design

Hello,

I am evaluating Scriptcase and have a question about the overall interface design.

I know about all of the different applications you can create (grids, containers, tabs, etc…) but what I am confused about is how you tie all of those applications into one coherent application. For example, I have some grids made, I have a horizontal menu made and now I’m ready to create an application that ties all of these together.

Is there a page or container that all of these applications get put into? What am I supposed to do with the menu? Where do I put it?

Thanks!

As you mentioned there are a container application.

Create a container applicacion, use “widgets” to “insert” your grids. Now, on your menu application, tell to use this container as first app, for example.

[QUOTE=Giu;24262]As you mentioned there are a container application.

Create a container applicacion, use “widgets” to “insert” your grids. Now, on your menu application, tell to use this container as first app, for example.[/QUOTE]

Giuseppe,

Thanks! That is what I was considering, but I just wanted to ask before I went that route.

Here is an example of what I am having trouble with.

I’ve created a ‘container’ and added a grid to it. I set the menu to use this ‘container’. See picture below.

Now how do I get rid of this empty space?

Thanks!

Jose

empty space.jpg

This is due to margins. Adjust at your needs on configuration of the app.

SC it’s mostly declarative. Almost “everything” can be changed in options.

Captura.jpg

Thanks Giuseppe!

Giuseppe,

That worked perfectly for the grid application but I cannot find a way to do so with the container application? My grid is inside a container and there is still lots of empty space.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=joselvelez;24314]Giuseppe,

That worked perfectly for the grid application but I cannot find a way to do so with the container application? My grid is inside a container and there is still lots of empty space.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Can you share the project and/or screenshots?

Appearantly you have your application put into a container. The container has a certain size. So your applications should match the size and the safest way is to set it’s width to 100%. Then it would fill the container.

I tried setting the application width to 100% and no change. See pictures below.

empty space 2.jpg

app width.jpg

Delete the % symbol, and change “Table Width unit” from Automatic to Percentage

So simple! Thanks for your patience!