Passing field value from master form to second form

Hello.

I have a form (FORM1) which stores data into my DB and when a new record is created in this form there is a unique AI column filled by the database making the record unique for example PO_NUMBER = 4

Within this form i have another form (FORM2) loaded into it which contains a field named PITEM_NUMBER and the user can add items to this form many items and i want the number from FORM1 field PO_NUMBER example 4 to be entered into every new record created in FORM2.

So depending which record the user is viewing in FORM1 this will take the number and add it to FORM2

I hope this makes sense.

the two forms are connected via master\detail form.

Hi,

does anyone know if this is possible as i have looked through a lot of SC docs and on the forum and I’m unable to find the solution. Don’t’ want to give up on SC but might have to if this cannot be achieved.

thank you.

You Must create a Form Master-detail. so you can have much records for same record master.

Hello Alvagar.

I have done this and it work perfectly to display the records but my issue is how to i enter new rows into my second form and force it to take the PO_NUMBER from the main form?