PDF generation problem in Grid view.

Hello I am using ScriptCase v6 and I have some grid forms and want to print them in PDF as displayed in the attachment file but PDF generation is not taking place well and getting error in opening PDF file. I look on the tutorial website it is working well. Where do I going wrong while creating PDF?

2013-08-20_161457.jpg

Do you have the JRE installed? PDF stuff in v6 rely on the existance of the java runtime.

Does it need installed on web server where ScriptCase is installed? or do my machine need it?

It needs to be on the webserver where Scriptcase is installed and the server where the application is being deployed to.

OK, thanks Albert.

I am having this same problem. Works locally on my laptop, but not my server.
It did work on my server within the last week or so.
I did have to make a change to my project, and deployed to the server with the ALL libraries option, so I’m wondering if that broke something.
I am using 5.3 php and SC 7.01.
I was going to try upgrading to 5.4 php and SC 7.1 but I can’t restore the SC backup because it says I’m running the trial, and it won’t let me use the same serial.
That means that SC is not correct when they say both versions can be run side by side.

I’m open to suggestions, but need to get this running again very soon.

Thanks
Alan

I don’t believe the problem is related to the server. I deployed my project to my Windows server instead of my Linux server and I’m getting essentially the same error.

Hopefully at some point soon, I will be able to register my SC 7.1 php 5.4 license so I can import my old SC7.01 PHP 5.3 project and see if that helps.

Ok, so I was able to setup SC 7.1 and imported my project. It works locally but still not on my windows server…

Could it be permissions?

Alan

I decided I better not assume that SC apps will run on Windows servers, so I have moved things back to my existing Linux server.
I am going to upload the newest version of my app using 7.1 to the Linux server and see if that helps.

I see a few other posts about issues generating pdf so I will try to look at those. Too bad you can’t search for pdf in the forums.

[QUOTE=asawyer13;19183]I decided I better not assume that SC apps will run on Windows servers, so I have moved things back to my existing Linux server.
I am going to upload the newest version of my app using 7.1 to the Linux server and see if that helps.

I see a few other posts about issues generating pdf so I will try to look at those. Too bad you can’t search for pdf in the forums.[/QUOTE]

I just tried and got an error on generating a pdf from a grid on a windows server. I looked into the _lib settings and I found out that the temp directory (temporary files directory) was wrong! At the end there was a / in stead of a \

So in my case C:[hidden]\ont_0_2_lib/tmp

needed to change to

C:[hidden]\ont_0_2_lib mp

After saving this setting the pdf files got generated!!

Hope this helps you

FWIW, I mostly run on virtual Windows 2008 server, but not on IIS, but Uniform server. It works like charm.

Thanks
I ended up going back to my Linux server for now, and ended up figuring out what the issue was for it, but I will try to switch over to windows again this next weekend.

Thanks again for the information

How can I get to the settings that you’re speaking about?
I will check it out and maybe switch to Windows tonight instead of waiting

[QUOTE=asawyer13;19201]How can I get to the settings that you’re speaking about?
I will check it out and maybe switch to Windows tonight instead of waiting[/QUOTE]

Just enter your application name /_lib and you get into the settings of SC for your application. It’s where you set the connection.

Configure production environment -> Temporary files directory

hello
i have a :
wind Serv 2008 /IIS
jre 7u45
Diagnosis.php send me a java on
SC6
and a grid app in develop env on my w7 pc at the same network , it shows me the export and pdf buttons
BUT on the server 2008/IIS/jre 7u45 does NOT
im already change the temp path on the config file and still doesnt works

any ideas

You are running on IIS, whcih is fine. But you really need to take care that the IIS service then also runs on an account that can access your java directory.
Standard your IIS runs in a very limited account that basically can not get out of your www root dir. I guess that this is the issue, I doubt that java can be started. You should be able to find out if that is indeed so by checking your event logs.