pdf problem after deployment

Hi,

I have build an application that works fine on localhost in Scriptcase development environment.

After deployment everything works fine except pdf generating.
Pdf is generated as the screen says but viewing gives an empty screen and after download and trying to open the pdf the pdf viewer (Acrobat and others) says file is corrupt or damaged. And I mean in this case standard pdf export of grid.

I work with Scriptcase 6 including last updates.

phpinfo gives same environment on localhost as on server.

Re: pdf problem after deployment

Hello,
When I deploy an app and configure the production environment I set the PDF server IP to: www.mywebsite.com.
Everything works fine. You may have already done this, but just a thought.

Ted

But where can I set the pdf server IP?

Ok, I have found how to set the pdf server so I set that one.
My application is on a subdomain but www.realplan.nl/myappl as pdf serverexporting a pdf still does not work and with subdomain as: appl.realplan.nl/myappl pdf export does not work either.

On google I found that fdpf library (as used by Scriptcase) has problems with utf8-database as is mine. But on localhost when I have no problems to export a pdf from a grid it is the same database as in production environment so that can’t be the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Reems

Hello,

I haven’t had this problem so I can’t help you here. Recently I have had other issues not related to PDF printing, but security and email. After working with Scriptcase support they suggested I contact my hosting company. I did, and in a couple cases I found that some features I need are not supported by my host. I am in the process of switching.

I am not saying this is your problem, but you may think about contacting support at your hosting company and asking them about PDF support. They may have a quick answer for you.

Sorry I can’t help you here…

Ted

@reems2,

How many records did you export to pdf file? I asked you such question, since I also had the same problem when I export thousand records from grid to pdf. But when I limit the records (for example, only fifty or a hundred), there is no error at all.

Sincerely,
Masino Sinaga

fpdf? If I try to generate a pdf I get the error that the JRE is missing on the server. My local installation works fine. What could I be doing wrong?

Hello,

FDPF library requires Java Runtime Environment to run. You have to install Sun’s JRE on your server in order to generate PDF files.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann