PHP requirement for SC 9.4

Fresh install of Scriptcase 9.4 on a freshly built Centos 7 server results in a 500 “Server error”.
Hmmm …
Checking the http://<scriptcase basedir>/diagnosis.php page … things seem good - green ticks for:

• PHP (7.3.8)
  • Source Guardian (11.3)
  • Apache 2,4,6
  • SQLite & MySQL
  • all of Extensions and
  • all of Environment 2
Getting down into the web server error log reveals the following message: "... SourceGuardian Loader - This protected script was not encoded for version 7.3.8 of PHP. Please re-encode or contact the author of the script regarding this problem. Error code [07] ..."

So, what version of PHP was SC9.4 encoded for?

• It **should not be** 7.0 as it is already at end-of-life (Jan 2019)
  • PHP 7.1 is already at end of active support and will be at end of life in about 3 months
  • PHP 7.2 will be at end of active support in about 4 months (Source: https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php)
I have searched but have not found an indication for the PHP requirement for SC9.4. So, before I downgrade repeatedly until I find on that works, does anyone know or seen what the requirement for this version is? I don't think that I have overlooked it on the forum or on the SC site.... but it is possible.

Thanks in advance,

Sean H.

Hi Sean

SC9 need PHP 7.0 for development ( yes, because SourceGuardian 7.0 ) but in production can run on 7.1 at least. Never tried on 7.2/7.3

I think is time for SC Works for PHP 7.3.

You see, IMPO: [LIST=1]

• At the point of issue, a version of Scriptcase [B]must work[/B] (my contention) using a version of PHP that is [U]currently in [B]active support[/B][/U] and preferably the latest version. Seriously, it does not look good releasing software whose dependency (PHP 7.0) is no longer supported.
  • Be that as it may, the diagnosis page should have indicated that there was an issue with the version of PHP installed instead of giving a green tick
  • The dependency is tied to the SourceGuardian setting or version used for the build [B]BUT [/B]Source guardian supports up to PHP 7.3 so why not release a Scriptcase that likewise supports up to 7.3 ... 7.2 minimum
  • It is a reasonable expectation that recently released software will be compatible with current, supported versions of the supporting software. [/LIST][B]PS:[/B] I have had to roll back my server to PHP 7.0 and reconfigure the other software ... no fun & not done yet