possibilities

Hello there,

I have a few questions. I want to build my own TMS (Transport Management System) in PHP/HTML/mySQL. With scriptcase, can I:

-create new fields
-give a status to an order (status like ‘new order’, ‘order send to truck’)
-give the order a different color or icon when status is updated
-can I define the height & widht of the Google Maps screen in the application?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I have created projects where i have used the similar status field and coloring concepts and i can say that it can be done.

About “create new fields”, i didn’t understand what you exactly mean by that.

Haven’t personally used google maps in my apps but i am almost sure you can define height and width for that.

Hi Ishwor,

Thanks for your reply. By creating new fields I mean the following:

When I’ve created a listing of a table, for example order of the day, can i show more fields in the table then there are by standard in scriptcase? Not only “name” and “ID”, but my own fields like “opening hours” or “status”.

About the different statusses. Is it easy to create in Scriptcase (how?) or do i need to have enormous knowledge of PHP?

Thanks in advance,

Sander

First of all you don’t need an enormous knowledge of php. But you do need to look at the different movies available on courses etc. Just to get a feeling of where to find the features. You can add your own fields to any form or grid at any time. If the fields are already in the database then it’s just a matter of drag and drop. If these fields are agregates then you can add them and fill them using one of the appropiate events. You can change default labels etc. Statusses are also easy to maintain. On two different ways. You can have a table with all the possible statusses. Then you need to make a field containing the status to ‘select’ and apply the lookup correctly. You can also do it static if you apply a lookup manual then you can add the values directly into scriptcase. But honestly, the question is a bit fague, so I can’t answer it in full details.

Albert answered the question about the fields and php knowledge required.

Different color in the grid can be used for the rows when the status has been changed by using macro: sc_field_color or sc_field_style

You’ll have to look into the macros section in the documentation for the macros and see how and in what event these can be used.

Ok thanks for your reply!

Hallo Broos,
Ik zag ook je vraag op het php forum. In principe denk ik dat je je toepassing prima in php kunt bouwen en ook denk ik dat je in scriptcase een heel eind zult komen. Het grote voordeel is dat je niet heel veel php kennis nodig bent en je je niet hoeft te verdiepen in ingewikkelde frameworks. Het werken in scriptcase kent wel een aantal spelregels, en niet alles gaat altijd precies zoals je wilt, maar doorgaans valt alles te bouwen. Er is altijd wel een werkbare modus te vinden zeg maar. De beste start is eerst een aantal filmpje te bekijken die je op de sc website vind. Dat kost wat tijd maar ik verzeker je dat het de investering waard is. Je zult ook zien dat je maar een beperkte hoeveelheid php kennis nodig bent om aan de slag te kunnen gaan. Heb je een beetje beeld dan kun je een trial downloaden en gaan oefenen. Ben je echt een leek op programmeergebied dan adviseer ik je eerst wat basis php boeken te gaan lezen. Ben je wel een beetje ervaren dan denk ik dat je met scriptcase veel sneller, mooier en beter je toepassing in elkaar zet dan met een framework zoals codeigniter en andere.