Possible bug + workaround: editing a record shows no records

Hi everyone,

Just thought I’d share something I came across:
I made a single record form with an editable grid subform. When editing the records in the subform, I would sometimes get “No records found”. So I went into the subform itself (an editable grid view) and there was the same problem: some records, but not all, could not be edited.

I found out that records with an ID > 1000 caused the error. The issue was resolved by going to the ID field and setting “Digit Grouping” to OFF. (I did not explicitly enable it).

I’ve only been using ScriptCase for a couple of days, so it’s probably something I did wrong in the beginning. Maybe it will help someone else. :smiley:

Thank you for your post, but this has certainly nothing to do with “Digit Grouping”. This option only controls the display of the value.

In such cases it is better to look with Debug Mode = Yes (Application / Settings in the left menu) at the generated SQL commands. For example, if parameters are incorrect or not passed.

Wow, great tip, thank you.

Well, this is what I get in my application:

• Edit an OrderItemID > 1000 | Digit Grouping = ON
    (mysqlt): SELECT … from OrderItems WHERE (OrderItemID = 1.545) order by OrderItemID
    => Error
  • Edit an OrderItemID > 1000 | Digit Grouping = OFF
    (mysqlt): SELECT … from OrderItems WHERE (OrderItemID = 1545) order by OrderItemID
    => No error

Anyway, no problem. An ID should never have digit grouping anyway… :wink:

A very cool feature … :rolleyes: