Previewing Files

I am working with uploading files, and it’s working fine. However, when it comes to a user viewing one of these files, they have to download it o view it. Is it possible for a user to simply preview a document instead of downloading it? I have mainly PDF, JPG, PNG, XLSX and PPTX files.

For PDF you can use ViewerJs and embed in a frame.

Something like this? http://dov.parishod.com/

Hi rr, thanks for your reply but no, that’s not quite what I’m looking for. I’d like to see a preview of a document/file without opening it, in much the same way as you might see a preview in Windows Explorer.

I think you mean a small image (tumbnail?) and when you click on it the complete, large image shows

First you donot need any thirdparty software. Most browsers can handle this with an iframe.

I use something like:

<iframe src = “…/doc/example.pdf” width=“100%” height=“750” align=“left” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen></iframe>

The field related in SC is a of the data type “label”.

What I am thinking of (I want to work it out also) is to make in a form two blocks. (left and right)
Include a form with an editable grid in the left (put away the delete, insert etc) with also a labelfield with also an iframe, but then with a height of 50 or something.

Then with an ajax (click on) on the small one left a the large on the right comes up.

More advanced solution would be: When you scroll (hoover) over the left small images, the large one comes up automaticaly…wooh.
Something with an ajax “when loosing focus”

Again I never tried this, but it I going to work on it…

Regards Bert

how would I display this in the form ?