Printing Invoices

Guys,

in Scriptcase, there are application to print invoices like PDF Report. The problem i have is :

• How to lock the number of copies when we are going to print the Invoice ?

Since the invoice cannot be printed more than once, so i need to lock the “Number of Copies” in printing Wizard.

Any Idea ?

I don’t think you can limit the number of copies as the print command is given from within the pdf client, not scriptcase. But IMHO the attempt is very useless. The current multifunctionals are able to copy or create multicopies of their own.

Any Idea How to solve this problem ?

You can’t. Imagine you can limit. How you avoid, to print 1 time on a PDF printer, and print again all the times you want from client side with adobe reader?
Why you need this requirement?

Well, i make a program for Logistic Company. I need that fitures especially when company want to execute “Exit Goods Letter” (I don’t know what the term is, but it is a letter from office to warehouse to take out the goods so it can be delivered to Customer). Since the warehouse and the office was separated and the Warehouse are not connected to internet / wifi, Warehouse only execute order based on that Letter. If the Letter were printed more than once / Twice for example, The Warehouse can execute the same order Twice, and that make Difference between on hand stock and system stock.

Any Idea ?

Well if you have no internet there then the thing is simple. Since you cant connect you have to find a way to.
So installing a phone would be already a good beginning. If there is a phone connection you could simply tag the order of via a small website which you reach on a mobile phone.
The logistic company should simply pay for a mobile data plan. You could let someone connect directly to your scriptcase application.

During my many Business Process Consulting days, i have come across similar issues.

Since you have a manual process in your warehouse division. Then your solutions are:

1. install internet and save a whole lot of trouble with re-conciliation later on. the money spent on internet will be more that the money you will save on lost and missing stock and reconciliation issues.

2. Print the order then stamp the Paper and ask the office to sign it as an original copy before giving to the customer / delivery person. Change process in warehouse to accept only this version of document.

I would recommend option 1 though.

Anil

Why don’t they number the letters ( like a serial number) in that way the warehouse can have a book with the letters processed ( with the numbers), they can check if that letter was processed or not and as an added bonus the warehouse can check if there are any letters missing, or better yet why don’t you offer them a simple program that can keep track of this on that warehouse.

There’s already a serial number for the Transaction but still can be printed more than once. To verified it by system, it need an internet connection. But the real problem is, the warehouse in the middle of nowhere (urban area), and there is no internet connection at all…

But, Thanks again for all the advice guys

[QUOTE=madikonda;37668]During my many Business Process Consulting days, i have come across similar issues.

Since you have a manual process in your warehouse division. Then your solutions are:

1. install internet and save a whole lot of trouble with re-conciliation later on. the money spent on internet will be more that the money you will save on lost and missing stock and reconciliation issues.

2. Print the order then stamp the Paper and ask the office to sign it as an original copy before giving to the customer / delivery person. Change process in warehouse to accept only this version of document.

I would recommend option 1 though.

Anil[/QUOTE]

the 1st option is the best, i already run the 2nd option. But The person who sign the paper need to be crosschecked again. And this process will need a lot of time and resource…