Problem Connecting to SQL Server 2008 R2

Have migrated my Win7x64 development v7 environment connected to MS SQL Server 2005 now to a different machine with v8 and Win 8.1x64 and cannot connect to MS SQL Server 2008 R2.

SQL Native Client x64 for 2008 is installed on the new v8 development environment. Accessing databases from within Excel on this machine is possible without a problem, but this uses integrated authentication.

Scriptcase v8 DB connections require user authentication and then trying to connect to server with username SERVERNAME\Username and given password, server reports that only integrated authentication is permitted.

Recall that I had a similar issue when setting up the v7 environment which boiled down to folder security permissions too where scriptcase was installed, but these have been replicated.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Scriptcase itself is 32 bit, so you need the 32 bits mssql drivers. 64 bit drivers are never loaded under a 32 bit executable (unless a special stub is made).
Keep 32 bit programs using 32 bit drivers and 64 bit programs preferably! using 64 bit drivers. Be aware that there are 64 bit odbc drivers AND 32 bits ODBC drivers. Your standard ODBC administrator is 64 bit on a 64 bit machine. That program you will find in the windows\system32 dir. In the windows\SysWOW64 dir you will find the 32 bit administrator for the 32 bits drivers (yes it sounds illogical). That is the one you’ll need and that sets the 32 bits odbc drivers.

On deployment it depends on your PHP (and apache/nginx/…) executable. If you apache is 64 bits then your php should be preferably 64 bits but 32 is also allowed. Simply said, there is no 64 bit running under any 32 bit dll or exe (unless very special provisions are made).

@bengrech : look at this post: http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/showthread.php?8083-Setup-SQL-Server-connection-Active-Directory-Group&p=32809&viewfull=1#post32809

Hi Reinhard,

Can I use Integrated Authentication as MS SQL Server is set as so?

I have a working config with Apache that was setup to connect to this same server. Is there any way I can check how this was originally setup and identify Scriptcase DB Connection properties?

Thanks

Yes.

Try this: from your working SC project at <project>/_lib/conf copy prod.config.php to your new project (save old files!). Then try edit the configuration with your new project.

Thanks Reinhard, how can I use Integrated Authentication with SQL Server 2008 R2 please? Any available resources?

Hey bengrech… commonly when you use no username or password in your connection SQL will try to use the windows user that is running the tomcat, or jboss or whatever webserver you are using.

Regards