Problem in Auto-Complete text field.

Good Morning,

I am working on Auto-Complete text field inScriptCase v6 and I have a problem. I added the auto fill option in to the search criteria which is working properly but if user writes a different product name which is not present in the database then the script-case takes that field as blank.

Milind

[QUOTE=milind.wakale;15830]Good Morning,

I am working on Auto-Complete text field inScriptCase v6 and I have a problem. I added the auto fill option in to the search criteria which is working properly but if user writes a different product name which is not present in the database then the script-case takes that field as blank.

Milind[/QUOTE]

Use the onvalidate event to decide what to do: generate an errormessage or fill the field with a default value.

Re: Problem in Auto-Complete text field.

Hello aducom,

Our intention is to capture the entered value of the text field even it is not available in database, for the purpose of adding new product in database. It by default is taking NULL value.

Have you set the checkbox capture text? If that’s not functional you might need to find alternatives. One way is ‘other’ as a default option and then show a field to add the element which does not excists.