Prod Enoviroment: Linux (centoS) error..!

Hi,
I had my development environment in windows server 2003 and, i tested the application with send mail functionality in one of the application works find in development environment.

I had deployed the same application in the Linux environment (CentOs 5.x) and all the functionalities works fine, except email optiion.

I had used sc macro sc_mail_send to send mails…!
I am getting the below error… any one had similar issues and fixes for the same…!/?

I am also raising support ticket for the same

**********************************Error **********************

—New password is sent to your emailID dhana@urjita.co.in ERROR

Undefined offset: 0
Undefined offset: 0
fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
fsockopen(): unable to connect to :25 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known)

Uncaught Error of type [Swift_ConnectionException] with message [The SMTP connection failed to start [:25]: fsockopen returned Error Number 0 and Error String ‘php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known’]
@0 control_forget_password_apl::controle() in /var/www/html/prod/wf/control_forget_password/control_forget_password.php on line 1195
@1 control_forget_password_apl::Valida_campos() in /var/www/html/prod/wf/control_forget_password/control_forget_password_apl.php on line 748
@2 Swift::Swift() in /var/www/html/prod/wf/control_forget_password/control_forget_password_apl.php on line 1282

Swift::handshake expects parameter 1 to be of type Swift_Events_ResponseEvent.
window.location = "control_forget_password_fim.php?script_case_init=738&script_case_session=ra3gk0mknjoju5bnhsakq7pbq7

**********************************Error **********************

Regards
Dhana

Re: Prod Enoviroment: Linux (centoS) error…!

php cant resolve the host name to connect on your smtp server.

from this linux, did you tried to ping or test the port 25 if it is responding?

Hi Diogo Toscano,
Thanks for your input…!

I had checked the DNS resolution and reinstalled sendmail. Now i can able to get response from the mail server too

telnet [servername] 110 and
telnet [servername] 25

Even then the issue is not resolved, getting the same error

any more further tips to resolve this…?
Regards
Dhana

you are getting the same error? are using the name or ip? if is name, the linux can resolve the windows name? …

Hi Diogo Toscano,
Yes, Still getting the same error.
I had used IP of the server.!
Advise

Regards
Dhana

Hi Diogo Toscano,
Stupid me…! I found the mistake…! I had a config table where storing the serverIP, and port of the mail server, which was left blank…
After giving Right server and IP works fine

Thanks
Dhana

Any time :slight_smile: