production environement setup

Hello,

For the production environement menu. What do I put in these fields ?
Production Environment
Temporary files directory

Time to live (minutes) of files

Path for Java Binary

PDF Server IP

Language

All of these are blank for me. Is there anything that i should populate is these fields ?

Thank you

Re: production environement setup

In reading your posts, I have the following comments:

How did you deploy exactly? Using the FTP from within SC? or create a ZIP and upload using FTP client.
Myself, I have had better luck creating a ZIP file in deploy, uploading with a FTP client, unzip, set the correct chmod rights, and run the installer.

search for chmod in webhelp: chmod 777 _lib -R

Zend: I believe that is the SC IDE to exist on your PC. The deployed code should all be raw PHP (I believe). I have deployed several apps to several server and not all of them have ZO.

XMLparser error. You may have to verify they have this installed and the same version you have… just guessing on this one.

Not sure on the PE items that are blank. I have never had to make any changes for these myself.

Did you run the info.php and diagnosis.php on the server? Have you verified PHP5/MySQL5?

Regards,
Scott.

I also remember having to tinker with the driver setting of MySQLi (transaction) instead of MySQL, but that may be an unrelated issue.

Regards,
Scott.

Scott,
Thank you very much for your post. Initially I tried to use SC to deploy using a zip file and the FTP client that comes with scriptcase. That gave me errors during the deployment so I decided to use WP_Pro which is a standalone FTP client and copied all the files over to the server manually.
Then I created the MYSQL connection and I test it. It said the connection was successful, then I saved the connection. I changed the permissions to the various scriptcase folders to 777 and got the parser error message
Fatal error: Unable to read 4096 bytes in /home/online56/public_html/scriptcase/devel/class/xmlparser/nmXmlparser.class.php on line 0

If I changed permissions to 777 to the entire scriptcase folder then I got and internal server error message such as :

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@onlineartpics.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I would like to try to do as you suggested with the zip file approach. Is there a way you can describe this step by step. The instructions in the webhelp I find very sketchy and hard to follow. When you say upload the zip file and unzip it; do you mean unzip at the server ? or unzip it on my local system and ftp the files over. Also you mention run the installer; I am not sure what installer you are referring to.
For the permissions part all the files that I upload with WP_Pro ftp client show up as permission 644 in the server folders. And I do not know which folder and files to make 777. The scriptcase webhelp I saw it saying the _lib folder. Does that mean the _lib folder and all other files and folders under _lib ?

The production environment uses Apache version 2.2.13 (UNIX) with PHP version 5.2.10, MySQL version 5.0.81-community-log and and Linux operating system. I also called the hosting company (Inmotionhosting.com) and asked about the Zend Optimizer. They said that the Zend Optimizer is installed and enabled on my account (Zend Optimizer 3.3.3).

I did not anticipate so much difficulty in getting to deploy my applications. All my applications on my local machine work perfect but I am frustrated with the deployment process.
If you could by any chance describe the deploy for Unix based servers in a bit more detail I would very much appreciated.

Looking at this forum I see very little activity which is unfortunate and the fact that you have replied to the post is commendable. I wish the scriptcase folks would participate more actively in this and perhaps moderate.

It took me more than 6 mo to get the apps going (but of course the support for it) goes away in 30 days.

Best Regards,
Francis

In creating a websites, I never trust uploading a PHP directly. I have had them truncated in many cases. Always use a zip.

>>>> If I changed permissions to 777 to the entire scriptcase folder then I got and internal server error message.
Never a good idea. It is nice that SC warns you. See dir/file rights note below.

Steps for my deploy.

First initial release:
-Select deploy
-Select All; next
-Select Typical; next
-Deploy with common [checked], select my initial app: [login.php]; next
-Create ZIP with applications[checked], the rest are unchecked; next
// now to update site
-Connect to site with Client; Filezilla;
-copy uploaded file to proper DIR (/var/www/myapp)
-cd /var/www/myapp
-unzip -X deployfile.zip
-cd … (back to parent /var/www/)
-sudo chown www-data:www-data -R (or the required user that is not root, -R recursive) If you are on a shared server, this may vary.
-cd myapp (now in /var/www/myapp)

** I have not had to do this, but you may want to check your rights of the myapp dir. A good rule is:
// a files with 644 access
find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} ;
// a dirs with 755 access
find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} ;
** end note

// per SC docs, change _lib and all subs
-chmod 777 _lib -R
-load URL to start deploy installer

Each deploy update is done about the same without the common libs in deploy zip. I actually just upload,copy,unzip and go.

hth,
Regards,
Scott.

When I refer to ‘run the installer’, it will load automatically when you enter the URL of your site after you perform the above. It is SC’s deploy installer. You will get a few screens with the db connection info, etc. Make sure you read the first prompt about the password. It is ‘scriptcase’ and it will prompt you to reset on next screen.

As for the support. I paid the 50.00 for a year. It was worth it for me.

Scott.

Hi Scott,

Thank you so very much for your instructions. I will do this deployment process over this weekend and post the result in this forum.

Best Regards,
Francis

Re: production environement setup - Zip File

I’ve just contacted my ISP and they are saying that they will not allow unzipping of
files on their shared servers because of problems in the past. But I read here that the best way
to upload is through a zip. Would uploading individual files cause more problems then its worth.

For example, could I create a zip. Then unzip it in FTP and then upload.

I usually deploy to a zip, upload(ftp) to an upload DIR on the server, then unzip to the working dir.

I have not tried any other approach.

Regards,
Scott.

Hola a todos, los pasos que realizamos para publicar una aplicaci?n de scriptcase es la siguiente

1.- Seleccionar Deploy
2.- Seleccionar todo si se trata de la primera vez que se publica la aplicaci?n o sino solamente los elementos (grids, forms, etc.) a publicar e indicar la aplicacion de inicio (regularmente login)
3.- Indicar que solo genere el archivo zip
4.- Ubicar el zip generado en la carpeta tmp de scriptcase
5.- Usar el cliente FTP para subir el archivo zip en la carpeta que contendr? la aplicaci?n (usamos el cliente FTP de: Directory Opus www.gpsoft.com.au)
6.- Usar el manejador de archivos para desempacar el zip subido (file manager) del proveedor de hosting (en nuestro caso www.arvixe.com)
7.- Probar la aplicaci?n

Hay que recordar que para configurar por primera vez la conexi?n a la base de datos habr? que accesar www.dominio.com/aplicacion/_lib/prod

Saludos

Alberto Aguilar

Aqu? una aplicaci?n desarrollada con SC5: http://www.consulmedico.com/app/login/login.php cuenta: demo contrase?a: demo

Alberto:

He instalado una aplicacion de prueba en el mismo proveedor de hosting y veo que tenemos el mismo problema.
Los PDF se generan mal.
Todo lo demas anda bien al parecer.
Alguna idea? Es algo de Java que no termino de ver?
Si sabes algo se agradece…
Saludos

Luis

Hi, to all.
I got a question … If somebody can help, thanks in advance

When I Deploy on Web-server I got this error :

Connection Error

error_profile_test_module

I go over production environment and… Still same error… Any Idea.

I Can’t got good results on deploy section… I CAN’T RUN noting over web …

Pls Some help is welcome , or If you have detail-steps to follow because the manual isn’t clear about this.

Any help is welcome. Thnx jja.

Hi, to all.
I got a question … If somebody can help, thanks in advance

When I Deploy on Web-server I got this error :

Connection Error

error_profile_test_module

I go over production environment and… Still same error… Any Idea.

I Can’t got good results on deploy section… I CAN’T RUN noting over web …

Pls Some help is welcome , or If you have detail-steps to follow because the manual isn’t clear about this.

Any help is welcome. Thnx jja.

Hi to All,
Some body known how make a “deployment” , ??? , some how “Upload a DBa” in any place say how or where can “Put” to works…
I’m really upset because doesn’t work …
How I can make a good environment production … no can conect my dba, where must go??? no manual or instruction about it.
Say name : ODBC I put name is only name??? …

Sorry but I some body has a idea pls…

Thank you in advance.
Have a good one.

hi… again…
I’m looking for a detail step by step manual to deploy or some guidance in this topic because i’m doing mistakes in deploy… but the manual just end in a Zip file in HD …
“upload”?? no say nothing about.!!!
Thank you to your help.

Att… jjat.

[QUOTE=jjat;19007]
I’m looking for a detail step by step manual to deploy […][/QUOTE]

Look at this (and the other) video(s): Click!

Sorry for bother, But I got a problem in the deployment process,
I got this error:

Unable to connect: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)

Any Idea, … All help is Highly appreciated.

Att. jja

these fields can be ignored unless you are doing some file uploads etc.

the other approach would work as well the only difference is that it takes much longer to upload