production error ORA-12541: TNS:no listener

[SIZE=15px]Hi, I successfully created a deployment zip file and copied the content to my production folder, I also successfully configure my deployment and successfully run the test connection, however when I run the application (http://192.168.22.249:8081/ipms/IPMS_sec_app_Login/) this error appeared:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15px]An error occurred while connecting to the database:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=15px]ORA-12541: TNS:no listener[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15px]I have no problem in running all my application in development environment, what are the this thing I need to configure or install if any to run my apps sucessfully? Our database is Oracle 10g.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15px]Thanks and regards,[/SIZE]

Appearantly you have not setup you oracle connection in production. I doubt if you have setup your configuration ok as I suspect that the config was not saved. if that was the case then you need to set the rights of _lib to full rw during configuration (777) and revert afterwards (744 or 644). If you get a listener error then the connection does not use the correct listener id.

“Appearantly you have not setup you oracle connection in production. I doubt if you have setup your configuration ok as I suspect that the config was not saved. if that was the case then you need to set the rights of _lib to full rw during configuration (777) and revert afterwards (744 or 644). If you get a listener error then the connection does not use the correct listener id.”

Sorry sir, I am newbie in SC and Oracle, only the following options are available in SC’s Production Configuration

• Temp files dir
  • time to live
  • PDF Server IP
  • Language
  • PHP timezon
  • Autho. key to view the maps

Where will I configure the full RW?

thanks and regards

Thanks for the reply, sorry sir I am a newbie in SC and Oracle

How can I do the in the Production Configuration? Where will I set to Full RW?

thanks and regards

Thanks for again I already change the right of all user to full (checked all the allow boxes), however the error still occurs.

thanks for the help.

tsito

I think that you have not setup oracle client correctly in the production environment. You need to set the TNS names ok. If you have - and that is what I cannot see from here - then it might be that you cannot save your scriptcase configuration because of insufficient rights. You info is ‘it doesn’t work’ so there can be a whole range of possibilities. So you define you TNS in the correct config file and assign the correct oracle connection (ip etc). Then try with sqlplus if you can connect. If you can then go from there and try to connect through the scriptcase config.

Albert Drent - Thanks, I’ll try that

tsito

Still not resolve the problem

The listener in our Oracle Server is running, its also used by other Oracle applications.

In Development Environment the project is running and have no problem previewing web pages and connecting to the database server. However, when running the deployment, the error still occures:

An error occurred while connecting to the database:
ORA-12541: TNS:no listener

The project files and the production (deployment files) are on the same machine, file location below:
Project Folder -->>C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v81\wwwroot\scriptcase\app\IPMS_PROJ ECT
Production Folder–>>C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v81\wwwroot\iPMS

The application server’s OS is Widows Server2012R2.

The database server is on a different machine.

Thanks for the help and immediate reply

If you have installed the oracle client properly then you should have an sql.exe program with it.
Try to connect with your database using that first.
Likely that will not work. The error basically means that your server can not be reached.
So if it doesnt then the problem is likely a client problem.
So you then should check if your server runs properly by logging into to your oracle on your machine that has the oracle server on it. That should work fine.
Check the tnsnames.ora on the oracle server as well. And check the tnsnames.ora on your client server.
I know 100% sure that scriptcase works with oracle we use it here since years.
You need to use the 32 bits oracle drivers…

Hi, rr Thanks for the reply.

My development is running fine, I can preview the all application, I can also login to the oracle database server using the server where the prod is installed.

I think all oracle drivers are 32 bits

rr Hi, Sir,

I can login to the oracle server using sqlplus from the application server, is that mean that TNSNAMES.ora is working.

Still having the error:

[SIZE=15px]An error occurred while connecting to the database:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=15px]ORA-12541: TNS:no listener

Thanks for the help[/SIZE]

Ok so now that you can connect it shows that your oracle is basically properly installed.
Check your PATH settings and put oracle in front of your path settings. Then restart your scriptcase apache server.

Example:
PATH=C:\oracle\ora10g\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG\pub

Maybe that is the issue… For us oracle runs fine so it is some minor settings.

Alternatively you can download the sysinternals tools and install them. Then start procmon set up a few filters an then connect to your database using your scriptcase.
Also check your httpd.conf
For example this must be in it (you need to find your own paths tho).
FcgidInitialEnv PHPRC “C:\PROGRA~1\NetMake\v8\components\php”
FcgidInitialEnv PATH “c:\oracle\ora10g\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\NetMake\v8\components\php;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;”
FcgidInitialEnv SystemRoot “C:\Windows”
FcgidInitialEnv SystemDrive “C:”
FcgidInitialEnv TEMP “C:\WINDOWS\Temp”
FcgidInitialEnv TMP “C:\WINDOWS\Temp”
FcgidInitialEnv windir “C:\WINDOWS”

And in php.ini :
extension=php_oci8.dll ; Use with Oracle 10gR2 Instant Client
extension=php_oci8_11g.dll ; Use with Oracle 11gR2 Instant Client

This is what works fine here…