Radical suggestion from former ScriptCase user

I will not buy ScriptCase again, due to the unreliable buggy SQLite used as it’s data store. SQLite kept blowing my hard won code into oblivion. I started so many project, that were just destroyed by ScriptCase deleting my code. Here is what I suggest for ScriptCase:

1. Focus only on the front end, presentation layer. Let me use my own choice of DB to store all the “mechanics” code in. Stop trying to make an “all in one” package. That’d be nice in some ways, but… very difficult to do, and it cuts you off from many vertical markets.

2. Because of 1 above, disconnect from PHP completely. Instead, pivot to REST API based on Delphi DMVCF (just released version) and Lazarus.(Brook 5, not out yet). Both those technologies require front end. They are super quick, reliable and cave-man simple to use. (based on my intro to Brook 3, and my successful project using DMVCF). Both contain auth-and-auth capability as part of their framework.

Lazarus is a slightly better choice due to it’s cross platform compilability, but, Brook 5 is not available yet. Contacting the maker of Brook for Lazarus may prove fruitful. The ScriptCase team is highly skilled and motivated, but I can never return to ScriptCase if it is locked into PHP and SQLite. It seems as if you are trying to do too much with one technology, and the product is strong in some areas, and really weak in other areas. Partnering with Danielle Teti or the maker of Brook will open up a whole new world, and you will make money.

I do agree with the basic observation that scriptcase tries to be everything for everybody. I have not had problems with mysql as far as I can tell. I battle more with the unexpected failure to function as expected that seems to happen when I have to modify the table structure in the middle of development. Or fatal errors if a macro is used in the wrong event.

Scriptcase is what it is - and isn’t what it isn’t. Realistically it’s nonsense to suggest completely moving from PHP to another language, that’ll require not only hiring a new staff, re-developing the entire product; but also dumping the entire user base whom’ve chosen Scriptcase for being a good fit for their skillset. I do relate with your annoyances and that certain aspects of Scriptcase are pretty quirky - but the world isn’t going to change because you did.