Re: ZendCore Download

Your instructions are very unclear for new users. You should clearly state how one should proceed if there is an existing Apache/PHP/MySQL installation ? How can I install SC without those add-ons.
I have had XAMPP in my PC and after installing SC, looks like ZEND server interfeers with XAMPP because all local pages which worked before open now with errors. There is also no instructions or any information how one can use other than ZEND server.

Now, if the ZEND server is already installed - where is the public HTTP folder to put other HTML/PHP files (not those generated by SC, but which might be a part of the site/project ???

The DOCS should clearly explain:

• where are the SC files

• where are the project files

• where are public HTML files

• how to implement SC application to existing LOCAL / REMOTE website (this is partially described) but I think not god enough.

Hello aklisiewicz,

Scriptcase is a framework that runs under PHP, so if you already have an existing environment all you need to do is extract SC .zip or .tar.gz file to your web root folder.

You might have a few problems if you install two apache’s, specially if they are running under the same port.

The DOCS should clearly explain:

• where are the SC files

The SC Files are within Scriptcase’s folder.

• where are the project files

Which project files? The SC generated source codes are under “…/scriptcase/app/projectName”

• where are public HTML files

We cannot document this as the folder will vary according to your Web Server.

If you used our Windows installer, it should be: “C:Program FilesNetMakev5wwwroot”
If you used our Linux installer, it should be: “/opt/nm/www”

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

I’m sorry for not being clear enough.
My question is:

After Installing SC, say I want to setup some standard HTML files or perhaps some hand coded PHP files, and I want to run those files along with the SC project, so the PHP files from the project with interact with hand coded files, or perhaps HTML files, where do I store all this ? Another words I would like to see the structure example on how I mix SC + external files (site). This would apply to production environment as well as live site.

Arthur