Renaming an app does not modify it, it adds an app

Why is it not modified?
Why is it added as new?
Is there any reason why the renamed application should be kept in _app_data and sec_applications?

Wouldn’t it be more correct that the internal ‘rename’ process would modify the app in both _app_data and DB (sec_applications, sec_groups_applications) and also the name of the application directory?

If anyone knows, please tell me the reason, I for one don’t see it clearly, except for the work that scriptcase has to do in the “rename” process

Thank you

Dear @Intercore,

Could you confirm if this scenario above is in the production environment (rename the application name and publish again?), or if it is still in the development environment?

We are waiting for your return so we can continue.

Best regards!

1 Like

All of this is tested in the development environment, with Security Established.

Although the directory of the old name (application that has been renamed) disappears, and that of the new one appears (application with the new name), in _app_data the file of the application that has been renamed is preserved and that of the application with the new name.

So that the application with the New Name can be used by the user, it must be synchronized in security and then it will be incorporated into the sec_apps and sec_groups_apps tables, thus being able to grant privileges to the user over this app, but in both sec_apps and sec_groups_apps, also The old app appears (application that has been renamed), with the privileges it had.???

Absurd!, the app no longer exists in the apps directory, it can never be used with that old name.

We continue, when we rename, we mark the option to change it in the menu (at least the menu already has the new name), which menu we will not be able to use until we have synchronized and granted privileges to the user to be able to use it.

Test carried out with the security project, incorporating the grid_customers app into the menu and renaming it to grid_customers_new, using options to change name in the menu and generate apps.

Danilo, thank you for addressing user concerns,

Greetings

1 Like

This is one of the very irritating things about the security module. If you rename an app and recompile and redeploy it, it does nothing to the original app. The only way I know of is to manually find the old app directory and delete it. Then go into the apps table using something like mySQLadmin and delete it manually there. It usually has security records, so you need to delete it there first.

AND if you don’t delete it in both development and production, it will likely reappear when you synchronise the apps again.

The whole concept is sub-par, but its unlikely they will change it. Even the new version has the same underlying issues. It needs a much bigger overhaul, but I’m not holding my breath.