Responsive Template for SC8

I agree…

hii can I use this html5 template listed in this websites : http://themesiter.com/

No, you can only use the themes in SC or you need to migrate/convert this theme into SC using the tools available in the development system.

Albert, migrate/convert? you mean re-invent it again!! and what tools you mean available in the development system?

Albert, migrate/convert? you mean re-invent it again!! and what tools you mean available in the development system?

You can create templates, and themes. It requires a lot of fiddling but that’s always when you dive into stylesheets.So if you need to create a theme like some kind of template you find on the web you can come close, but it will require a lot of time.

For that agree, i thought there is something else like other themes can be created easily or ready to import out of the box, well, i still guess these SC guys have big room for imporevement, like to allow for example plugins import and allow others to contribute… this way is win-win for all they get their product expand with less effort from their side along with others who know the how-to let them work and ask for small fees why not!? just thinking… because that time required for average user to adjust things will be very very long… while other users can invest in this directions and provide cross share benefits… i don’t know, just thinking

cheers

There is no doubt that responsive layout is where the next big battle is for ScriptCase and many other tools. Hopefully, they will come up with something making it easier to have a satisfactory responsive front end.

In my projects (and I assume for many ScriptCase projects in general), there are much LOB (Line of Business) functionality where a user will despise having a mobile or a tablet for their work. They are using big monitors, and often more than one, as they need to see many columns and applications at the same time. For these users not having a responsive design matters not at all. However, there will often be parts of a project with a more narrow functionality meant for general users (possibly external customers) that will be using tablets and/or mobile phones.

More to the point, I have a project where parts of it need to be with such a responsive design. Thus, I am wondering if it would be worthwhile to see if we could have some kind of collaboration on this and create a few shared templates and/or themes that could be useful. On the other hand, If ScriptCase were to release features or a tool for responsive front end design within the next 3 to 6 month, it would perhaps be better to wait for that. Has anyone heard anything in that regard?

@Orion, you nailed the situation beautifully. My applications are used by users on desktop computers with a lot of screen real estate… but PARTS of my applications need to be created for mobile consumption.

I am about to start a new project for warehouse management using Android or iOS portable devices (phones & tablets) that access the same DB backend as my desktop applications in production. So this is near and dear to me in the next 3-6 months.
Just some sort of acknowledgement from Netmake regarding if they are working a on better Mobile/Responsive design framework for Scriptcase would be enough for me to plan my development road map.

Thanks, I have in the meanwhile heard from SC that version 9 that will be released in about 3 month will contain improvements in regards to mobile via bootstrap. See also this thread where one the SC developers (Cavadinho) talks about integrating bootstrap:
http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/forum/scriptcase-8/discussion-aa/62994-php-7/page2

However, it seems that the generated apps will not be in with bootstrap right away. I wonder what the integration will be then.
Perhaps you still will have to use blank apps and build the CSS yourself.

I will wait and see what the new version brings and possibly looking at other tools as well for just the parts of the application that need mobile, reponsive UI. I would prefer to just use a single tool, though.