Return to 8.0 possible?

Hi, I installed 8.1 on a new Server and I’m about to move my projects from SC 8.0. For importing on 8.1 I need a new SN.

If I run into any problems would it be possible to get another serial number for returning to 8.0?
Did anybody do that?

Joe

Don’t understand, your post and title are confusing. What version are you right now, and to wich version yiu want to move?

Hi Giu sorry for confusion…

I have a running SC 8.0 with all my projects. On a new server I installed 8.1 as a test version but to import and test my projects in SC 8.1 I have to register the 8.1 test version. So if I register the 8.1 on a new server the 8.0 will not work anymore on my old server I think because I have to request a new serial. If tests with 8.1 will fail with my old projects can I re register the old 8.0 on my old server?
Hope I am more clear with my question nown :wink:

O[QUOTE=Joe;41037]Hi Giu sorry for confusion…

I have a running SC 8.0 with all my projects. On a new server I installed 8.1 as a test version but to import and test my projects in SC 8.1 I have to register the 8.1 test version. So if I register the 8.1 on a new server the 8.0 will not work anymore on my old server I think because I have to request a new serial. If tests with 8.1 will fail with my old projects can I re register the old 8.0 on my old server?
Hope I am more clear with my question nown ;-)[/QUOTE]

yes, you can, request new installation license from your profile and its done

My steps for doing that is like this :

• Export all your projects from SC 8
  • Activate SC 8.1
  • Import all your projects to SC 8.1

That’s it.

www.LiviApps.com (Scriptcase International)
www.OwenSolution.com (Scriptcase Indonesia)

This post I wrote could be usefull
http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/showthread.php?9532-How-to-upgrade-SC

Joe’s point is that if he does that, and 8.1 proves to be a problem for his imported apps, can he go back to 8.0?

He assumes 8.1 will be installed separately, so that 8.0 still exists. But he worries that if he gets a new serial for 8.1, and chooses to go back to 8.0, that 8.0 won’t work anymore because the serial for 8.0 will have been made inactive.

[QUOTE=adz1111;41115]Joe’s point is that if he does that, and 8.1 proves to be a problem for his imported apps, can he go back to 8.0?

He assumes 8.1 will be installed separately, so that 8.0 still exists. But he worries that if he gets a new serial for 8.1, and chooses to go back to 8.0, that 8.0 won’t work anymore because the serial for 8.0 will have been made inactive.[/QUOTE]

When you request a serial, you can’t choose between 8, or 8.1. You just get a serial. If he wants to test if all goes good in 8.1, then …
install on new directory, export projkects, request serial, and activate 8.1.
Import project, do all necessary testing. If he things he needs to go back to 8.
Then request new serial again, open 8.0, and activate it with this new serial.

If he is asking if projects are backwards from 8.1 to 8.0, don’t know about this.

Thanks for all the comments and help.

Unfortunately all the graphics and paths are not transferred to the new folders in SC8.1 in an exported project.
But functionality of the projects seems to work correctly.

Joe