Run PDF Application, Generate PDF, and send as Email attachment

Created a PDF application which works fine, as standalone app. Would like to generate it on the server.

This works fine with a static filename with given settings, but would need to change the filename on the fly whilst running the application, generate it, and then send it as an email attachment with a meaningful name. Came across a macro sc_set_pdf_name which is very lightly documented; tried it but the given filename did not change.

I basically want to send a PDF email confirmation of an order placed through my SC application; generate the PDF to a given folder and name, and send it as an email attachment as order confirmation.

Any recommendations on how this can be approached.

Any feedback SC??

You can use a macro on code of pdf to change the name, bu I’m not in front of my PC right now and don’t remember it. I think is something like scpdf_output

Tried that Giu but only works on Grid Applications

No, you talk about sc_pdf_name. I talk about sc_pdf_output.

http://www.scriptcase.net/docs/en_us/v81/report-pdf-applications/report/pdf-layout/code

Look for params in tcpdf documentation

Thanks for the pointer Giu!

Hi Bengrech,

Were you able to get this to work? I have come up against the same hurdle. Can generate the pdf from a click of a button in a grid, but need to email a pdf attachment generated after the completion of a form with some of the form’s content.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Honestly, the PDF application lacks some serious attention from Scriptcase. Examples are sparse, beyond the basic information that is there already and the macros referenced are not even documented in most cases. I hope Scriptcase gives some attention to this, as being a regular maintenance subscriber would greatly benefit from some proper attention to use such a feature.

I guess they are working to improve this.

Thanks Bengrech and Giu. I’ve been sending html emails after a form is submitted for years, along with user uploaded attachments…but now a customer wants it in a pdf format and I’m scrambling to find a solution. Thought since it’s not “too” difficult to attach a file (once you figure out what the path to the file is!), it shouldn’t be too difficult to AfterInsert, create a pdf with a time based name and using that variable, grab it and attach it to an email. Can’t find any SC based solutions that have good info, but will search around on the tcpdf website to see if I can figure out a solution. Thanks to both you guys for the feedback.