Run Scriptcase on multiple machines

I have a macbook and work on scriptcase. due to problems with updates of scriptcase i would like a second machine (windows) with scriptcase running on it. so that when i run an update, i have another machine where i can do my daily work with the frustration and despair.

but when i install scriptcase on the second machine with my credentials i get the message that the server is already taken by another machine. any suggestion?

i don’t wan’t to use multiple machines at once i just want a backup machine where i can still work on when things go bad.

1 Like

I fully understand, but it’s not possible. You can have only one instance active. So you have to switch licenses every time you need that. But if you do it too often, the system will complain afaik.

Yes, Aducom is right. Unfortunately, the only current option for what you want is to buy another license…

mhmmm. their goes my backup plan. any other suggestion to keep your work safe and still being productive. i have nightmares when i have to update scriptcase.

you can’t make a backup and put it back after an update to set it to a previous version, am i right?

Well, you can if you make a full binary backup. But if you encounter issues after working on your code, then it might become impossible to keep those changes because you cannot export it and import in an older version (at least that’s my experience). In general, after upgrading I regenerate all code, and start testing. Once satisfied, I start coding again. But that takes quite some time which is why I don’t upgrade each and every time.

However, being able to open at least a 2nd project on the same machine, at least in read-only mode, would help a lot in the speed of development.

1 Like

i have an application of more than 800 apps. i to wait with any update. i don’t understand why you want to open a project in read only mode.

I have a working project, and some times i need consult code or procedure in another project. In this case, i close the working project, open the other, copy, close, and reopen the first project. Is slow…

1 Like

ah, got it. that’s indeed a slow procedure.

Really ? I can’t imagine that you have never wanted to reference some code that you previously wrote. Its just plain dumb and stupid to restrict working to a single application yet another attempt to extort more license revenue.

Aducom are you using any specific software to make a full binary backup or are you just copying folders via Windows interface

I’m just xcopying. Usually I also do an export of all my projects, just in case.

1 Like