SC 9.4 on PHP 7.3 - Conversion gives white screen

After many months of waiting SC has finally released a version that uses the current version of PHP.
After installing and activating, I do the logical thing - try to convert/migrate my projects from SC8 … all i get is a white screen, no messages. I gave it an incorrect path (just to test) and I got an error message as expected. The correct path gives the white screen.

The permissions and groups are fine ( I run CentOS 7) and there are no odd messages in the logs. The Conversion Tutorial is of no help in this instance…
I think SC messed up in NOT providing a utility to simply import individual project backups instead a database converter.

I assume that you get a white screen after generating and running your application? A white screen generally points to a php error where the code simply stops executing. Most likely because PHP 7.3 is more strict to parameters passing then PHP < 7.3. It’s likely to be found in your custom code, but to find out you need to run the application with full debugging on. ONe option might be to run it outside of scriptcase and set php messaging to full to see where the issue occurs.

No Aducom, it is failing when SC tries to convert the project database.
Digging into the httpd logs I see it using an invalid path. No parameters were changed … it is a FRESH install.
Looking at it, it seems to be coming from the “Web Server’s Documents Root (absolute path)” which was set at /web/s <<< incorrect
This I corrected, setting it to /web/scriptcase/9 which gave the same error but it gives the same error … I add the trailing slash … same error is logged

FYI - the logged error is

[Sat Mar 07 19:05:12.573873 2020] [php7:error] [pid 51638] [client 192.168.2.64:61115] PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required ‘/web/s/scriptcase/prod/third/adodb/adodb.inc.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in /web/scriptcase/9/devel/conversor_v8_v9/conv_arqs.php on line 66, referer: http://10.150.1.23/scriptcase/devel/conversor_v8_v9/conversor.php [TABLE=“border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0”]
[TR=“class: cke_show_border”]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

So the real issue is where else does SC store path settings?

Logically, I click for help on these settings … NO HELP so I download install it as per SC’s instructions … still no help from within SC
BUT
Navigating to <server address>/scriptcase/docs bring up help just fine. So the question must be asked, where else does SC store its settings.

To be brutally honest, good tool but I am increasingly fed up with it. How can anyone be confident if even the basic install is a pain in the neck?

Please note, I am a subscriber that has paused for MONTHS waiting for SC to release a version that supports a CURRENT PHP.

Really disappointed

Hello,
problems often appear from an empty array or having a single line then we use filter_array, often also the fault is declared if we use count in a request for the same reason as the empty table an error is declared, this which often induces an error in the php 7.3 sequence, and finally, the problem can arise when using a varchar to execute a mathematical operation in this case we try to check and define an integer to perform the operation

but for the convertor error, the scriptcase team can create a patch that corrects the conversion error

Thanks nsch2308, but the only problem here is the conversion. I cannot convert so I cannot run my code to see if there are any issues.

I tried your case and I converted one very old project from SC8.1 to SC9 with php7.3.
Converted succeeded on first try.
Unfortunately, I don’t know how I could advise or help you.
The only option is to try to convert your project.
If you wish we can try.
I have 3 versions of SC installed: 8.1, 9 and 9 with php 7.3 so I can also try the 8 to 9 intermediate option.

Thanks much for your input.
As I posted, the logs indicate that SC is looking at a path beginning with /web/s/ for the conversion - and I do not know where it is getting that from.
I may have a look in the database to see if it there.
Thanks for your offer to try a convert … which underscores my opinion that SC should be able to import an older backup instead of requiring the whole directory and database.