SC 9.8.012 Update Fixed problem of not inserting in the field of type "Signature", in SQL Server connections

• Fixed problem of not inserting in the field of type “Signature”, in SQL Server connections.

This point of the update still doesn’t work. No change, didn’t they test that?!

Dear @salvatore,

Could you more details about the problem that ocurring in your environment, please?

• What’s the behavior of signature field? Still not inserting?
  • What’s the DBMS driver that you are using? SRV, SRV PDO, ODBC or DBLIB (in Linux OS)?

We will be waiting for your feedback!

Best Regards!

Yes of course. I have a form with different fields including a signature field and other fields. If you save without signing and only fill out the other fields but don’t sign, something will still be saved in this field and it will look like this in the grid.

Thanks for your return, @salvatore!

After performing new tests following what you described, no issues were found. When filling only a few fields, leaving the signature field empty and inserting, both in the Form and in the Grid, the signature field was empty.

The test was performed using connections other than MSSQL Server, as well as other DBMS drivers.

Just reinforcing that the error that was fixed in the current version of ScripCase, concerns not inserting the signature in the Form, even filling the field and inserting the record, where it was necessary to fill the record in the update mode and save once again so that become visible.

If possible, give us more details so that we can try to reproduce this error you are facing, because so far no strange behavior has been observed in applications where it is possible to have a signature-type field.

Best Regards!

Hi,
I create a grid and a form with the following fields
Firstname
Lastname
Signature

When i save an record with a new Firstname, Lastname and do not signature the field, then when i save and look the field in the grid, in the upper left corner wie have rubish.

In the Signature Field was following

Ok, i found the failure, in the grid, if you have an Signature field (Signature) and you give image high and width

then in the grid shows rubish

if i use the default (Canvas) high and width 500 and 200, is to big in the grid. when change this value to smaller (300/100) the Signature is not complete shown.

Thanks for your return, @salvatore!

In fact, when we change the parameters of the height and width of the image in the configuration of the signature type field, even leaving the field empty in the insertion, this small black mark remains in the grid view.

The case will be reported to the development team, so that it can be corrected, and as soon as the correction is made, I will be giving feedback through this post.

Just reinforcing once again that this case is not related to the case that was corrected in the last release (9.8.012), and that different from the other case that the problem was in the Form application, the problem is now in the Grid application.

Thanks for the collaboration once again.

Best Regards!

ok, thank you for your support

Dear @salvatore,

Thanks for waiting, and I’m giving this feedback to let you know that the problem initially reported by you was resolved in release 9.9.000, released on November 22, as shown in the link below:

Thanks again and I wish you a great weekend!

Best Regards!

1 Like