sc_ajax_message and blank applications

Hi All,

I have a blank application that does some error checking on the startup of the project, and sets some global variables.

If errors have been found, I wish to alert the user to the fact and provide some information.

Inside the blank application PHP method area, you can add an sc_ajax_message from the macro list, but when you run the application, it errors saying that the sc_ajax_message is undefined.

This is the error message - “Fatal error: Call to undefined method start_up_checks_apl::sc_ajax_message() in C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v8\wwwroot\scriptcase\app radie_accts\start_up_checks\index.php on line 1167”

I can do an echo and it prints out what I wanted in the message, but of course I need a message window, not some text in the background…

Any ideas, or is there a better way to start up projects that need some setting and some checking.

See ya

Tony

Hmm, have you tried using a Control instead of a blank?

I must admit that it had crossed my mind. I just thought you did all “processing work” behinds the scenes. I can perhaps do it all in a control and make a number of text fields that display status results and the OK button can redir to the “fix it” application and cancel back to the menu.

In fact I might just try it out right now. :slight_smile:

Tony

Yeh I think it works a bit better for what you’re trying to achieve.
Plus the sc_ajax_message should work in there.

Actually, it works quite well. I cannot use the ajax message, but I can manipulate the text strings.

Can you post some guidelines or example pls, I need to do something similar and was getting ready to use Blank App. I did some work with Control App but I’m not satisfied. IT works but looks ugly
THANKS

Hi aka, I will dig out the code bits later tonight.

Tony