SC LICENSING PROCEDURE frustration

I wonder if anybody else has experienced this problem. I have bought MySQL version of SC.
Installed on home PC and it was running fine for some time. 2-3 weeks later I installed SC on my notebook. When I’m away from home I need to work, so this weekend I took my notebook with me hoping to work for 2 days. My whole weekend was screwed up simply because after starting SC it runs in DEMO mode. When created NetMake I was told I need new license! which is completely insane for me. I never use both computer at the time, but I think it is obvious that people work on desktop computers at home and use notebooks on the road. I’m totally frustrated, because I designated 2 days for SC and all this is wasted. This has happened to me already once about a week ago. I went to the MENU and reaplied given license. For few days SC was working fine until today when I moved out of town.
I would appreciate if you could share you opinions, or perhaps some tips how to overcoma this problem (?)

Arthur

Re: SC LICENSING PROCEDURE frustration

SC is not the only company who connects the licence to a special hardware…
I use an internetserver and there I installed SC. So I use Remote Desktop to login to this server and so I
can use SC everywhere…

Best regards
Uwe

tying up software to the hardware for licensing is nothing new and there is nothing wrong with that as long as user has a choice to work on one computer at time and has a way to select where he wants to use the soft. Looks like there is something wrong with SC in that matter and if I cannot use SC at two places exchangably I would rather return the software and look for something else.
I have other software from other vendors which allows to do that despite it requires i-net connection and validates user randomly every once a while. So I know it is possible to implement it.

thanks for sharing though - Uwe

I simply setup a VPS server which is like $5-$15 a month, internet accessible from any computer, and tested SC that way…

Arthur, all you do is complain about this product. I ended up not purchasing it because of its limitations for my scope of needs, but I have to say, you a the type of customer companies dread. You should have tested this software a lot more than you did, and you should have researched it more. There are several places in the forum that state you cannot install it on more than one place at a time.

Its pretty clear… YOU are the problem it seems, NOT ScriptCase/NetMake.

If I were them, I’d give you a refund just to shut you up for YOUR lack of trialing the software. Maybe the group could muster enough money to send you away from the forum.

Sorry to vent, but you, Sir, are ridiculous. Your criticize NetMake, and yet YOUR English is horrible in so many ways.

Next time you are going to purchase software, how about actually spending time to test it out to make sure it works, instead of buying it and then complaining about YOUR POOR CHOICE!

arthur seems someone very important to netmake, I thought maybe he would replace scott as moderator,am I correct?

I hope you are joking Masbro. All he does is criticize the software. I’m surprised he hasn’t complained that someone from NetMake hasn’t gone to his house to actually write programs for him yet.

Look his title is intermediate, not newbie?

I would believe that correlates to the number of posts he has done, not his actual experience. If you look at his posts, most of them are A) him complaining about what ScriptCase doesn’t do B) almost demanding changes to everything C) his lack of testing the software PRIOR to purchasing it D) complaining how awful NetMake’s English is, while his posts are sometimes full of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.

Again, I think the title relates to his number of posts, NOT his actual experience or intelligence with programming.

Well perhaps I was spoiled with some other tools I used in the past, and different quality of service. I do not see anything wrong with requesting features and things which are not implemented. SC seems to be good product but it has unique way of handling production environment. Just to give an example - for some projects I used Code Charge Studio (www.yessoftware.com), and I did not have problem installing and using the software on my desktop OR notebook at all. Never had to apply for extra license do do that.

Yes I admit, I have made that mistake not testing SC enough before buying. Even by testing SC I probably would not discovered how the licensing policy works, as I have just recently.

My question (not complain) here was how can I use SC on two machines (one at a time). Another words I would like to use it either on my desktop OR notebook (when out of the office) ??? I installed SC on my notebook, and even after applying a license it runs as demo. Spending another few hundred dollars just to be able to work on notebook (still only one developer) is not really something I would like to do.

As far as English, let me tell you that I work with some software made in Germany for about 5 years and never ever had any problem understanding their tech support, never had language problems in the manuals or their website. The product and documentation is in proper English as it supposed to be, therefore why I’m little frustrated with NetMake.

Art