Sc Project deployment

I have a project ready to deploy in my test linux server. Apart from installing Apache PHP on the linux server do I need to install scriptcase too? And in what folder on the server do I deploy the project.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Shafik.

If you have created a deployment package then you only need to upload the code. Personally I deploy my applications on a local xampp server and test before I upload it to the web. But you don’t need to install scriptcase on your production server, there are no dependencies. What you must do, is to setup your database connection, the first time your application runs.

My plan is to install scriptcase on the Linux server that way I can get the correct version of Apache and PHP installed that is used by scriptcase. Is that a good route or should I install Apache and PHP manually?

Also in what folder should I deploy the project?

Thanks in advance.

Can’t help you here. I develop on windows 2019. Deployment can be done on any host supporting the same php (7.3 currently and unfortunately) and a database. As scriptcase uses a different port you may need to configure your webserver to have multiple roots for different ports or to install two servers. Deploying projects can be done in any directory in your root.
On windows I have a full working scriptcase environment and I deploy to a different AMP then I deploy. The Scriptcase apache server is behind a firewall and only listens to my private ip’s.

1. No, you do not need to install scriptcase on your production computer

2. As far a i know (i have never have a problem) any versión a recent apache just works, about php the last version of scriptcase works “better” on php 7.3 (depending on your linux distro you may install “by hand” the package or just use your default distro installer) (php 7.3 is paster, but if you are not running a critical app, you would be ok using php 7 or 7.2 or so (in my experience of course)

3. Where to install the deployment…

4. fist install apache

5. then install php (the version you desided)

6. compile the scriptcase application (i recommend you to ask scriptcase deployment process to give you a .zip file (it is easy to work with)(in my opinion)

7. if you are in a debian derivation of linux like ubuntu or mint copy your scriptcase compilied zip file on:
    /var/www/html

8. create a folder with the name of your application, your path would be something like this /var/www/html/myapplicationname

9. copy and unzip your scriptcase compiled application to: /var/www/html/myapplicationname

10. give the permisions you need to your application folder

11. go to your web browser and in your url type: localhost/myapplicationname/_lib and configure your application environment as described in scriptcase documentation

*** if you are not in a debian derivative the folder could change, in that case search in google where in your linux distribution does the web apps has to be installed (this is a easy find, since it is a recurrent cuestion)

i hope it helps

fer

you need working FTP on your P server, then you can do full deploy right from SC using the wizard (for FTP) or you can make an archive and upload it , but this is pain in the A.

also keep in mind, with a custom deployment you need to take care of SC libraries in the LIB folder, every time you update SC, update those libraries. they are huge >200mB

I use azure PHP app service for one of the projects, works great too, no need for apache, php, ftp, it is all ready and you can deploy right from SC.

after copy you need to configure your P , set up database etc.

you can deploy to any folder , but your domein records should be set up of course to point to this folder.

good luck
Maxim

I use a different approach.
The project is deployed using the ZIP method which generates a single file saved in a specific folder. The file name includes both the project and the release date.
After that the distributed application checks for updates, downloads the ZIP file and extracts.
An application for the possible alignment of the database structure is also contemplated.
This method makes possible both the “FULL” release including libraries and a partial release, even if only of a single application.

Giorgio

1 Like