Scriptcase 8 ODBC can't retrieve database field names

Hi

I am testing Scriptcase 8 with ODBC drivers. Try to create a FORM application (Editable Grid View) against an ODBC database table (a legacy table). An execption message appeared:

odbc_primarykeys(): SQL error: Failed to fetch error message, SQL state HY000 in SQLPrimaryKeys | Script: C:\Program Files\NetMake\v8\wwwroot\scriptcase\prod hird\adodb\drivers\adodb-odbc.inc.php linha: 242

Below are screen shots for reference:

Please advise, it seems to me this is a bug as I can use the same ODBC in Delphi to retrieve my legacy data.

Kind Regards
Ming

1.png

2.png

Scriptcase 8 ODBC can’t retrieve database field names

Forgot to mention - if I create a GRID application, the SQL show something like

SELECT
“”,
“”,
“”,
“”
FROM
MASTCUST

In this case, I can manually fill in the field name and got the application generated and run without issue.

Regards
Ming

I don’t work with odbc so I cannot be sure, but in the time I used them with Delphi I needed to install ODBC and datasources to get it working properly. I found it complex which is why I always avoided them. But in your case, I would try if I could connect to ODBC using plain php. On the web there are a lot of demo’s like http://phplens.com/phpeverywhere/node/view/9 and others. If you can with plain php and not with SC then I think there might be a bug. I’m not sure on which database you want to connect, but I would not recommend ODBC, but PDO.

Scriptcase 8 ODBC can’t retrieve database field names

Thanks for the info, I dont like ODBC neither but have not choice becauase of many old applications using legacy data format.

Connecting to ODBC via Scriptcase/PHP has no problem but only that the field names were not able to be retrieved. In a GRID app I can still manually assign fields names via the SQL page. However, I can’t do anything with a FORM app as the SQL page (from the FORM App) does allow a SELECT statement to be modified.

Kind Regards
Ming

Hello,

Issue reported to our bugs team.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann