scriptcase update to 8.1

Iam trying to update my scriptcase V 8 to V8.1 through settings then scriptcase update, but when it reach to download and install it is always give me error, internal server error and stuck there !!! any feedback about this?

thanks in advanced

Walid

check out the folders permits… put everything in 777 or if you are using windows “total control” for the group everyone.

Regards

[QUOTE=kafecadm;38757]check out the folders permits… put everything in 777 or if you are using windows “total control” for the group everyone.

Regards[/QUOTE]

Thank you for looking at this.
i did as you said, still have the same problem!
is there another way to update than the auto update
Regards

What O.S. are you using?
Your v8 is an automatic installation or manual installation?

[QUOTE=Giu;38788]What O.S. are you using?
Your v8 is an automatic installation or manual installation?[/QUOTE]

windows 7 ultimate

Automatic installation

thanks in advanced

regards

[QUOTE=walid;38841]windows 7 ultimate

Automatic installation

thanks in advanced

regards[/QUOTE]

It’s weird. I didn’t had any issue like this. Try with a new 8.1 automatic installation…It will install on a new folder and port. This way you take advantage to get a PHP5.6 installation.

Hello,

however my problem is the following:

I can not do automatic upgrade from SC 8 (updated) to the SC 8.1. The system is installed on a machine debian LINUX, PHP 5.4 and I have a license valid until March 2016.

the system tells me that they released version 8.1 in 2909, and I find updates, proceed as a guide when you start the upgrade and installation, but then nothing happens, even after all this time is not done no progress and remains at 0 %. I also verified that the folders on the server present permits 777, (okay, because even up to the last time you upgraded) how can I do?

I would not choose to update manually.

thanks
Andrea

DIAGNOSI_OK.png

fermo_upgrade.png

I noticed some networks problems today too. I think there are some kind of problem in their network. All day SC site and forums is very slow to me, and update doen’t works

i’ve just downloaded SC 8.1.0.2 (exe from download menu, not from automatic update).
uninstall the previous version 8.0.47. restart my PC.
then install SC 8.1.0.2.

finally the instalastion is completed. but i got this error message when openning SC:
“Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 5, whereas the Loader expects 7 in E:\Scriptcase\wwwroot\scriptcase\devel\lib\php estFolders.php on line 0”

is this the common error?
i have no idea how to fix this. perhaps i need to uninstall the latest 8.1.0.2 then install 8.0.47 and waiting for the fix from SC :frowning:

I updated SC, but when i login shows a message: your sc license is invalid or server not allowed. I tried to register the license online but did not work.
I executed the diagnostic tool but at the end of that page shows an error:

Erros Poss�veis:

Erro Level: 2; Mensagem: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known; Arquivo: /home/duplica/public_html/sc8/diagnosis.php; Linha: 665
Erro Level: 2; Mensagem: fsockopen(): unable to connect to webservice.scriptcase.com.br:80 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known); Arquivo: /home/duplica/public_html/sc8/diagnosis.php; Linha: 665

===========================
How can i fix this?

php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed this is that it can not reach (for whatever reason) the scriptcase update server.
Usually this is very temporary. Please check if you can reach www.scriptcase.net from the server where you have installed your scriptcase on.
scriptcase.net should be reachable…

iwanpc. I just upgraded from 8.00.0047 (from one of my backups before the 8.1 updates) to 8.01.0003 using the normal update procedure. This error message does not occur here.
If you have made a backup of your 8.00.0047 then you can do the following also (assuming it is running under windows)
stop the scriptcase service (see the services).
rename your v8 dir to v8.01.0002 (for example).
Place your backup 8.00.0047 back (using admin rights).
start your apache scriptcase service again
login to your scriptcase
perform the normal way of upgrading.

Be aware this only goes for the php 5.4 version. For the 5.6 version you need a new key (see elsewhere on the forum).

Im still getting after update an error on the diagnosis:
Internet Access - Socks - Problem

And yes the server can access www.scriptcase.net ,
how can i fix this?

And also created another new installation of sc and the same error on the diagnosis tool.
(this is the same server where i was working before update)

Are you working via a proxy or a tunnel or vpn or something non standard? Is there a firewall on the machine tha blocks thing? It sounds like the remote port is not accessible namely since I can access it from here.

[QUOTE=hirambq;39259]I updated SC, but when i login shows a message: your sc license is invalid or server not allowed. I tried to register the license online but did not work.
I executed the diagnostic tool but at the end of that page shows an error:

Erros Poss�veis:

Erro Level: 2; Mensagem: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known; Arquivo: /home/duplica/public_html/sc8/diagnosis.php; Linha: 665
Erro Level: 2; Mensagem: fsockopen(): unable to connect to webservice.scriptcase.com.br:80 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known); Arquivo: /home/duplica/public_html/sc8/diagnosis.php; Linha: 665

===========================
How can i fix this?[/QUOTE]

Did you change the date from your computer recently?

I have a similar error to Iwan after I fixed the Scriptcase startup crash yesterday. I deployed some edits to some issues I’ve been having (although the app worked almost correctly) and when I try and access the website now, I get:

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 5, whereas the Loader expects 4 in /home3/username/public_html/report/index.php on line 0

Any help? I have not updated PHP (manually at least) so am not sure how to get around this one?

Sorry to bump this, but still having the same issue as post above this one, and can’t find a fix. When I try to see if there is an update for Scriptcase (hoping for a fix), I get “The requested service is inaccessible. It might be temporarily down. Verify your Internet connection.” Thank so much in advance, and TGIF!

Edit: For what it’s worth, in reviewing the error and comparing files, the bad index file (index.php) is:

<?php @Zend;
3074;
/*

That’s everything in that file. So I downloaded a previous compilation (that I built just a few days ago, after my upgrade that all seemed successful but before the Initialization Error fix that Scriptcase pushed out), and copy/pasted the code from that index.php file over the code above, and it works fine now…

Hopefully Scriptcase can push out a fix soon…

Same here. Probably they have some internet problem. PR forums don’t works either.

[QUOTE=mslatter;39317]I have a similar error to Iwan after I fixed the Scriptcase startup crash yesterday. I deployed some edits to some issues I’ve been having (although the app worked almost correctly) and when I try and access the website now, I get:

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 5, whereas the Loader expects 4 in /home3/username/public_html/report/index.php on line 0

Any help? I have not updated PHP (manually at least) so am not sure how to get around this one?[/QUOTE]

FWIW, the latest update fixed this problem for me - thanks Scriptcase!

Hi, I created a first simple SC 8.1 app ftp-uploaded it and when trying to run it on production ( a hosted site) it get this when trying to connect to the database:

Connection Error

Unable to connect: Connection attempt failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

See screenprint at http://stoepsc.hermanmol.nl/2015-10-06_192221.jpg

Any clues anyone?

Herman