Scriptcase V7 hangs

I have Scriptcase V7 but here lately has been starting to hang up and does not respond or takes too long to respond, example: Editing an existing form and wanting to navigate from the main page to the Application/Settings to check on the database connection. When I click on Settings nothing happens, when I click on some other menu item Scriptcase does not do anything.

I have not upgraded from V7 to V7.1 I don’t know how and I don’t know if is a good idea or not.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to upgrade from V7 to V7.1???

To upgrade you don’t have to do a thing except going to the menu and run update. SC does hang now and then and that useually has to do with the apache webserver stack. Within services you can restart this apache service and in my case issue is solved then. I’m shortly over to SC7.1 and it hasn’t happened yet, so can’t tell if this is specific to 7.1 and if this is the same issue. But it’s worth a try.

I still have the problem after stopping/starting apache server so that is not the problem.
I was able to change the connection on a grid from the bad connection to one that works.
I thought I could just access the “linked form” and change the connection there but ScriptCase plain freezes up and does not come out of the freezer!!! I have to shut ScriptCase.
I think the problem is that when “I open the form for editing” … ScriptCase is trying to “MAKE A CONNECTION” to the database at that time and should not be trying to make a connection when opening a form for editing it has been 3-DAYS and still, can’t open the SQL to change the connection…

Hello,

It can be something related to your SC installation getting corrupted. To solve that you could do a manual update.

Or it could be something related to your web server. Checking a few directives such as memory_limit, max_execution_time may help you to solve the issue.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Restart Service 5 Times a Day

[QUOTE=bartho;17467]Hello,

It can be something related to your SC installation getting corrupted. To solve that you could do a manual update.

Or it could be something related to your web server. Checking a few directives such as memory_limit, max_execution_time may help you to solve the issue.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann[/QUOTE]

Hello I’d already done this: Manual Update, memory_limit, max_execution.
But Believe Me I’m Reestarting the service about 5 - 7 Times a Day. How can I avoid reestarting the ApacheService71 everytime

Windows Server 2003 R2
Ms Sql Server
This is my diagnosis:

Diagnosis
Environment
OK PHP: 5.4.20
OK Hostname: sxxx-abcder54e
OK Zend: 3.3
OK OS: WINDOWS NT sxxx-abcder54e 5.2 BUILD 3790 (WINDOWS SERVER 2003 R2 ENTERPRISE EDITION SERVICE PACK 2) I586
OK WEB Server: Apache/2.4.3 (Win32) mod_fcgid/2.3.7
ScriptCase Devel:
ScriptCase Build:
ScriptCase Prod: 7.1.019
Databases
OK COM
Problem DB2
OK InterBase
Problem Ifx
Problem Informix
OK MsSQL Server
OK MsSQL Server SRV
OK MySQL
OK ODBC
Problem Oracle 8
Problem Oracle
OK PostGreSQL
Problem SQLite
Problem SyBase
OK PDO MySQL
OK PDO PostGreSQL
OK PDO SQLite
OK PDO MsSQL Server
Problem PDO Oracle
OK PDO Firebird
Problem PDO Informix
Extensions
OK ZLIB
OK GD
Environment 2
OK php.ini PATH: C:\PROGRA~1\NetMake\v71\components\php\php.ini
OK zend_optimizer.license_path: SEM ARQUIVO
OK ScriptCase write permission
OK Session write permission
OK Internet Access - Socks
Problem ZendId execute Permission
OK ZendId MD5:
OK Popup: OK
OK GD - 2.1
OK C:\Program Files\NetMake\v71\wwwroot\xxxxxxx_lib

Thank’s in advance!
Best Regards!

Try running the apache service as a user with more rights. It may be that the user under which it runs doesnt have enought rights (e.g. using internet).
Go to services, choose ApacheScriptcase71, choose the Log On tab and change from Local System account to This account and enter an account name with more rights…

Thank’s for the reply rr I will try this one. And let you know if this one helps.
Best Regards!

…I’d already start the service as Administrator and the problem persists, I have to reestart the service about 5 times a Day.
It’s annoying.
When a third-fourth user connects to the server “online” after about 30 minutes the server hangs, and then I need to reestart the service.
What else can I do? :confused:, please help me!
Best Regards!

Grab the sysinternals tools and open procexp (as administrator) on your server. Then look at the processes, you will easily recognize your scriptcase server there. It will have started several php-cgi sub processes. Then do your work and see what happens with those php-cgi processes. Are there a lot more coming that are not disappearing after a while? Is the memory increasing drastically?

We are running on server 2008 R2 here with a service under another username for us it goes fine, so I suspect that it still is some rights issue. You could try to fiddle with the php.ini in from scriptcase (keep your original). I have increased a few values for timeouts here and there.

Thank’s for the reply.
When I’d installed Scriptcase I’d changed the port to 3387, and then open it for internet access. It might be the problem? :confused: (Changing the port I mean).
I will check the procexp tool, I’d already check the task bar windows window and yes there are a few php-cgi sub processes that does not disappear after a while(when I stop the service, I kill them manually, then I start the service), first I will check the procexp(if memory increases, that I think this would not be the problem 'cause the server have 9GB of memory), and then fiddle with the ini file.
Best Regards!

Changing the port shouldnt really be an issue, that is just a setting in your apache config. The only issue that exists if that that port could be used by something else on occacion (use TCPVIEW.EXE from sysinternals to check).
The server has only 9M of memory? That is way too low. I guess it starts swapping like crazy then as well since it will try to use more memory and hence swap memory in and out. That indeed makes it go very very slow after some time (we had that with version 6, so the memory on the virtual machine was increased).
You should check out (use procexp or the standard taskman) how your memory useage is with more detail. For our version 6 we had more then 8 dll’s hanging around and becoming slower and slower. Since increasing memory helped, I hope it helps for you too…

[QUOTE=rr;23023]Changing the port shouldnt really be an issue, that is just a setting in your apache config. The only issue that exists if that that port could be used by something else on occacion (use TCPVIEW.EXE from sysinternals to check).
The server has only 9M of memory? That is way too low. I guess it starts swapping like crazy then as well since it will try to use more memory and hence swap memory in and out. That indeed makes it go very very slow after some time (we had that with version 6, so the memory on the virtual machine was increased).
You should check out (use procexp or the standard taskman) how your memory useage is with more detail. For our version 6 we had more then 8 dll’s hanging around and becoming slower and slower. Since increasing memory helped, I hope it helps for you too…[/QUOTE]

Sorry rr I do not post 9M check again it says 9GB.
I will try the TCPVIEW, thank’s for the tip.

Hello rr
After reading a little bit I finally modify the following values at http.conf
Scriptcase Installation
KeepAliveTimeout 50
MaxKeepAliveRequests 500

I’d modified/replaced with:
KeepAliveTimeout 2
MaxKeepAliveRequests 1000

Why I’m I doing this?
'Cause I had a Refresh Interval Grid every 20 Seconds. So I incremented (the refresh interval) to 60 Seconds

…and this little one KeepAliveTimeout 2 would kill the connection every 2 seconds. (for another attempt and so on).
The Scriptcase KeepAlive http.conf has 50 seconds to kill the connection and the server hangs That’s what I think :confused:

Source:
http://systemadmin.es/2008/11/conexiones-keepalive-de-apache

I would do some tests and post again if this solves my problem, and to others who have the same problem as mine
If this is not correct, would you please put me in the right direction?

Best Regards!

Hello all!
I’m still having problems with the server hangs
I’m reestarting the service about 10 times a day, please where or who can check my problem?.
Thank’s
Best Regards!

Ok this is odd, we had server hangs in development with an old version too. That seemed to occur because the dll’s were too long in memory (as in the php dll was taking up about 1G of memory space for each instance).
Check out with processexplorer (from the sysinternals suite) on your server how it looks like on your situation.
Please check out how much memory your loaded dll’s are using and how many dll’s are loaded. It is is lots (several G ) then check out whether the dll’s are released. Because they should be.
At least then you may get an idea what is happening. Not that this is the solution yet tho. You would then need to find out why the memory isnt released again.
In our deployment it all runs fine as it is…

Hello rr, Thank’s for the reply.
Which is the dll name to check in processexplorer?
I’d attached a print screen of the server. (the server have 24 gb RAM)
Do I have to increment the maximum connection in the scriptcase framework or php configuration?
Sorry to bother you but I’m fustrated with this issue. :frowning:
Thank’s Again.
Best Regards!

ddefrain-server.jpg

My mistake its the php-cgi.exe but it looks liek that these are taking up normal space, they are taking many megabytes of memory which I expected in your case.
Scriptcase is running as a 32 bit program but as I guess your apache runs as 64 bits. I dont see the php-cgi exes using any cpu either. Is this when it is hanging??
I cant see any other reason for hanging so far, it basically looks the same as we have (just a smaller server here).

[QUOTE=rr;25762]My mistake its the php-cgi.exe but it looks liek that these are taking up normal space, they are taking many megabytes of memory which I expected in your case.
Scriptcase is running as a 32 bit program but as I guess your apache runs as 64 bits. I dont see the php-cgi exes using any cpu either. Is this when it is hanging??
I cant see any other reason for hanging so far, it basically looks the same as we have (just a smaller server here).[/QUOTE]

Hello rr
I’d Cleaned the registry with Ccleaner looking for web server such as (wampserver,xampp, …)
I’d Installed Scriptcase8 (Convert to 8 Version from 7 Version), uninstalled Scriptcase7.
Restore/Import exported applications into 8 version.
At login form I’d activated the captcha option (for possible bots attacks).
Since now between Saturday September 6 to Thursday September 18 the server looks stable. (Looks like the problem has gone 'till now).
I had it to restart Apache about 10 times a day; So it is an advance, no reestart 'till now.
Best Regards.