Scriptcase, What screen capture tool do you use?

I’m looking for a screen capture software to do video tutorials for my SC creations. I like the tutorials you create for the videos page. What are you using to create those great tutorials?

Re: Scriptcase, What screen capture tool do you use?

Camstacia Studio

Hello,

Take a look at Snagit. The new version has Image, Video, and Text capture. Easy, easy to use and not expensive.

www.techsmith.com

Ted

Teddberry, I have an older version of Snagit and could upgrade. Camtasia is also made by TechSmith.

Does the new Snagit do the zoom and callouts on video like Camtasia does?

Just haven’t used the new version yet and trying to figure out if I should just upgrade snagit or buy Camtasia.

I used once camtasia and I recomend

regards

Hi rickallen,

I will make a sample video this weekend and let you know exactly what can and cannot be done. The videos open in the Snagit editor for editing, but just not sure about callouts and zoom, but will let you know. Will work on this tomorrow or Sunday afternoon. I just upgraded last week from version 9 for other reasons and didn’t realize video capture was included until I downloaded and started playing with it.

Have a good weekend.
Ted

Thanks Max, I know that Camtasia will do what I need to do.

TeddyBerry, that would be great. I’m still on ver 7 of Snagit, but will upgrade if this works for you. Looking forward to seeing what it does. Techsmith doesn’t do a very good job on their website of showing what the new version can do.

Same is true about Camtasia on their site. They should post one of the SC demos on their site.

Max, you should contact Techsmith and offer to let them use one of your tutorial videos as a sample for Camtasia. SC videos are far better than what Techsmith has on there now. Maybe SC could get more customers.

Hi rickallen, thank you very much for the suggestion, I`ll send this to the responsible for that.

regards

Wink!
Works well and the price is right

http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

Thanks for the suggestion GuiGuy. Nothing to loose by trying it and looks like it will do the job.

I do like the extra features in Camtasia like the auto zoom and the cursor effects.

[wink]well, you get what you pay for[/wink]

<grin>

Cheers

Hello rickallen,

I apologize for the delay. I did testing last night (running a few days behind!) and I COULD NOT use the callouts or zoom from within Snagit for video captures. It will automatically open in Camtasia if you have that product. Really don’t need Snagit for those features if you do have Camtasia. I also have it and it is great. I use Snagit often and I do like the ability to capture video by pressing the F4 key, or whatever key you designate. I have put in a suggestion with Techsmith to include those features in Snagit. Probably won’t happen, but we can still ask.

Have a good night.

Ted