Search for a text in a project ( app events, internal library, external library)

I’d like the possibility to search for a text in a project, I mean text in the code section of a project, so:

1. in every event than contains code of an app
  2. in the PHP methods and Javascript methods
  3. Ajax events
  4. in all internal library of a projects
  5. in files in external libraries ( maybe only .php or .js files) but every text file is better

It will be handy looking for new PHP functions deprecated, as array_key_exists, so it is possibile to find where they are and make changes to adapt code for PHP 8.1, plus it’s useful when you place in comments some label for special code points and you want to find where they are.

Thank you

I believe this exists, if you go to Project>Project Search.
It shows the app name and then displays ALL the code. I wish there were a way to suppress all the code and just show the app names, and expand if I want to see it.

I would also like to have better search within a single app. There is a search, but have never found a way to do a NEXT on the search within the code.

2 Likes

Thank you, I don’t know how I missed it, thank you again.

So, What I have done, is to load Visual Studio Code. This allows me to open a folder then search(find) within the folder anything I am looking for.

I use it often when debugging to make changes to the code without having to re-compile and re-run the program.
NOTE: This does not save back to Scriptcase environment but the generated code.

2 Likes