Seats booking app . How to develop it?

This is a really unusual request but I have to manage the booking of the seats of a theater for a specif event.
I have to present the layout where the user that have the link to the site can easily book his/her own seats giving the name and email address where to receive the ticket connected to specific seat booked (band corridor and seat number etc) .
Is it possible using SC ? I don’t have idea how to show the theater layout and give the possibility to click over the free seats (not already booked) to book them.
Attached the layout
Thanks for helping !
Posti a sedere|689x500

You are going to get someone to make you an Image Map… so it can be clickable and pull the proper variables.

I’ve no issue to create the vectorial image map but the problem is how, then, to click over a seat and then book that specific seat .
Is it a SC form ? How can I build a form that match on the image on background.
I really don’t know where to start… :wink:

I made a similar system (not in SC btw) but it is not that hard. Integrate a vectorial image, and apply a link to each seat. In SC you have to experiment how to integrate, but a blank application will give you all you need, and you can embed that. But functional there are challenges. People who want to book seats next to each other. If you allow random seat picking, what to do with the holes that prevent people booking more seats etc.

I think you to use a blank app, you could use a library as Fabric.js to “design” the theater, here a sample:

then store position of objects, and in another app draw objects giving at every object an ID (seat ID) then adding javascript events to objects, manage the reservation calling via ajax to change the sate of the seat in the DB from available to booked.

I made a quick search, so maybe there are better libraries , I don’t know.

or maybe you can use this library Konva

Hi Vincenzo, very nice application but for me, not being a programmer, it’s out of my skills.
Also the library Fabric.js is interesting.
Thanks

thanks , for the moment I probably try to adopt and customize something ready to use . Not so difficult for a programmer but too complex for a functional consultant

You could make a database that holds each seat number
example:
seat_section seat_row seat_number desirability
Platea A 1 1
Platea A 2 1
Galleria A 1 2

ETC…
And you can rank them by desirability

Then you can just show them the image and they can filter a grid by Best Available seats…
They can pick from the list of seats and reserve that way… maybe have the grid on a refresh timer…
When they click Reserve Seats it HOLDS those seats for 12 seconds… then refreshes…