Security Module synchronize deleted apps and other problems

Hi everybody

I’m working with V 8.01.0004 Enterprise and a completely new project.

Security Module is driving me crazy:

• I create a security module. Sync apps. So far, so good.
  • I tested some apps. Then deleted some of them.
  • I re-sync apps. Deleted apps are still there… mmm… maybe deleting the apps doesn’t update the security module?
  • So, I manually deleted the apps from the table, using the Applications form within security menu.
  • Sync again. Deleted apps are re-created!

Other problems I noticed since upgrade to 8.01 -> I created a grid and a form using the Batch creation option. The form options in for Insert, Delete, and Update are disabled in the Users and Applications form within security menu. Not just unchecked: disabled. My form is not updatable in any way.

Delete completely the security apps, recreated and voila! The options are enabled. Create a new grid form, sync -> Options disabled for the new ones…

It’s driving me crazy…

[QUOTE=tfertil;39776]Hi everybody

I’m working with V 8.01.0004 Enterprise and a completely new project.

Security Module is driving me crazy:

• I create a security module. Sync apps. So far, so good.
  • I tested some apps. Then deleted some of them.
  • I re-sync apps. Deleted apps are still there… mmm… maybe deleting the apps doesn’t update the security module?
  • So, I manually deleted the apps from the table, using the Applications form within security menu.
  • Sync again. Deleted apps are re-created!

Other problems I noticed since upgrade to 8.01 -> I created a grid and a form using the Batch creation option. The form options in for Insert, Delete, and Update are disabled in the Users and Applications form within security menu. Not just unchecked: disabled. My form is not updatable in any way.

Delete completely the security apps, recreated and voila! The options are enabled. Create a new grid form, sync -> Options disabled for the new ones…

It’s driving me crazy…[/QUOTE]

The synchronize will do a directory search to find all your apps. It only does an append, it does not do a full refresh (which is a pitty imho). But I guess that although you have deleted some apps they are still present in your environment. If you delete apps from your project, it will not delete your generated applications.

“I created a grid and a form using the Batch creation option. The form options in for Insert, Delete, and Update are disabled in the Users and Applications form within security menu. Not just unchecked: disabled. My form is not updatable in any way.”

The sync application does not populate the “app_type” and “description” fields; it only fills in the app_name field. Without a value in the “app_type” field, all the little checkboxes are disabled.

The security module is the worst thing, at least at group level. Synchronization creates non-existent apps, even entries with blank names, and it does not remove deleted apps. Also, I can’t activate permissions in most of apps by using the security apps (checkboxes are disabled), I have to do it directly in the database… and so on. I’m seriously thinking on creating my own security module, but sadly I don’t have enough time for the project I’m on. So, meanwhile I will have to deal with what Scriptcase offers.

Yes, it does not add the form type. That’s a bug and I reported it with a fix to sc a week ago.

Thank you Andre. You are such a great help in this forum.

I am facing the same issue here… And i am on the run. What does the fix consists of? Is there somenthing i can do before waiting for scriptcase to release the patch?