Security, New User account, SC v 8.00.0030 -unable to create new user

Thank you to anyone who can provide any assistance.

Prior to the recent update, the SC security module was working fine. Now, with the “Register New User”, new user registration has stopped working.
There are a couple of other posts with similar errors. However, I cannot find a solution to the error the new user register generates…

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Swift_TransportException’ with message ‘Expected response code 250 but got code “”, with message “”’ in /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/prod/third/swift/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php:422 Stack trace: #0 /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/prod/third/swift/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(306): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->_assertResponseCode(’’, Array) #1 /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/prod/third/swift/classes/Swift/Transport/EsmtpTransport.php(224): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->executeCommand('RSET
', Array, Array) #2 /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/prod/third/swift/classes/Swift/Transport/Esmtp/Auth/LoginAuthenticator.php(50): Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport->executeCommand('RSET
', Array) #3 /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/prod/third/swift/classes/Swift/Transport/Esmtp/AuthHandler.php(170): Swift_Transport_Esmtp_Auth_LoginAuthenticator->authenticate(Object(Swift_SmtpTransport)

The above error is generated when running new user registration in the development environment.
I cannot generate any type of error message nor can I trace any errors when running in the production environment.

In the production environment (firefox debug mode) I cannot see any reason why the registration process is not working. PLEASE NOTE: With this error, the problem is way over my head… not experienced enough to even understand what’s going on or what the above error message means.

Here is a scrncap from firefox…

emailError.jpg

You could try to use fiddler. At least then you should see what scriptcase is trying to send. From the error I suspect it wants to connect to an smtp server and the server did not respond properly. Expected 250 means it is expecting 250 Requested mail action okay, completed . So maybe there is something blocked. Anyway in fiddler you should be able to see more.

RR from the Netherlands, Thank you so much! I went back and looked at my SMTP server details… I’m a little dyslexic Once I entered the correct spelling… It works. Thanks again!

Stu Buck, SLInc.