Self-adapting dashboard ? Is it possible?

Hi all,
I ask an expert if, in some way, a dashboard widget could be configured with objects (KPI or totals, calculations) that are automatically inserted based on movements or master data connected. So far … everything is clear ;-))
Basically I have boxes connected to records (e.g. departments/warehouses) which are reported in the widget once created and then as highlighted numbers they report totals calculated as sums etc. (usually linked to performed movements).

So if I create a new warehouse as a registry, the new box will appear into dashboard as Warehouse xyz with total = 0 and then, depending on the input/calculated parameter it will be updated based on movements or entries.
Not being very expert, this seems a ‘bit’ complicated to me given that I have always seen dashboard objects managed only as foreseen ex ante with the relative formula connected. Nothing dinamic about appearing or not of widget’s objects.!
What do you think ?
Thank you

I attach a similar example just to better understand the question.

1 Like

Hi @giovannino

That’s an interesting idea. I have a challenge here about it. The problem I’m facing is that Scriptcase almost everything is HTML based, so I’ll have to calculate everything (size of DIVs, etc, etc) and because of it I didn’t have any result.
Tha Scriptcase dashboard is (in my personal opinion) very weak and I have created my dashboards using HTML and GraphJS.
If you get some advances, please tell us about your progress.

1 Like

Someone has suggested to use AdminLTE (Bootstrap) and then customize it within a blank app . I’m not a programmer and for me it’s a hard to implement it.

1 Like

Hi
Has anyone integrated AdminLTE with SC?

Yes, and I am one of them.

Yes, I did. See below:

I used AdminLTE to both menu and dashboard.

1 Like

Hello,
is it different from SC Dashboard or has it the same dynamic limitation ?
Could you please to suggest a stepped flow to install and use it ? With an easy example .
I uploaded .zip as external library but then… I don’t know how proceed…

It is completely different. You have control of all structures, because it is HTML+CSS+Javascript.

You can take a look here to see both menu and dashboard examples.

Is it a chinese site ?
I would like and need to know what to do in stepped point.
I just imported the library on the external libraries of SC but I don’t know what to do next.
A blank app ? What inside ? …

AdminLTE seems a good product ! Demo will be interesting.

https://adminlte.io/

You have to see the HTML file which contains the dashboard. And yes, you have to try it putting the code into a blank. It’s true that is a big job, but the final result is very impressive.

OK , the html file is into library ? Where is located ?

It is in the package you downloaded. It’s in the index.html

hello, I did it but unfortunately it return an error.
I really don’t know how to manage it. Did you try the same from last AdminLTE-3.2.0.zip ?
(with or without include nothing change)
Thanks

1 Like

You have to understand how HTML content has to be included in a blank page in Scriptcase.

The main process is: to get the HTML content working inside a blank page without changes. After this you must put your own code in this blank and go testing, until everything works correctly. That’s what I had to do here.

1 Like

If you want a scriptcase solution
I think you can work with grid as a widget instead of index.
you grid should be in user defined orientation. and configure you widget at 10 s refresh

I hope i Understood your issue

Regards

I was thinking about a possible workaround. Do you think that is possible ?
Maybe create a dynamic temp table with sql command that generates, using the same query, more or less columns depending of query result.
If I have 10 warehouses and then I add new one the query maybe could be always SELECT * FROM WHAREHOUSES . First time it has 10 records and second eleven because the new one added.
Now I have to understand how transform the rows result in columns for a temp table. Do you know a trick ?
Then the widget will show data on the grid as you suggested with eleven cells and different contents. The refresh will do the same process