Session Variable Behavior Not Expected, causing issue

I have created a test project to demonstrate this behavior, all that is needed is a grid and a form and a button.
My understanding of the “Global Variable” options under “Application” of a grid or a form are that you can define if a variable is either a SESSION or just a local variable passed via GET or POST.

This does not work though as anything I reference as a [variable] square brackets variable. Appears to become a session variable no matter what settings I apply to it.

This is very problematic if you have multiple applications running in multiple tabs or windows and they use the same variable name during an event that updates the database.

My example project shows this behavior. If I click on the grid to open up recnbr 1 into a the form in a new window, I see recnbr 1 and can modify it, clicking save and echoing the recnbr to the screen shows me recnbr=1. However, if I leave that window open and go back to the grid and click a button that assigns [recnbr] = 2… then when I click the save button on the still open form window, I get an echo saying recnbr=2 now… even if I am still on the fist recnbr.
I can bundle all this up and attach it to this ticket if need be.

my expected behavior is that unless I set the recnbr variable to “SESSION” in the Global Variable settings it should not be changing when I click the button on the grid.

Thank you.