<sigh> The Latest Update

I don’t know why I bother, but here goes:

Because it has proven too useless for any real work, I only play with SC5 on weekends. I live in hope.

So today it wanted to do an update. I let it. Nothing but errors. It flashes up a dialog

Note how it says “Click on this link to send this error to NetMake”. There is no link! :frowning:

Here’s the error log message:
chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory | Script: /var/www/scriptcase/devel/lib/php/functions.inc.php linha: 727

Oh, and did I mention my SC5 install is now crap. It creates fatal errors on start up.

It really is a travesty.

Re: <sigh> The Latest Update

I would recommend downloading 5.1 from the server and install from scratch as it was the first time. Rename your old install DIR first.
I have had some instances where major upgrades did not like previous installs.

In reading your error, first check to see if that files does exists. If it does, then you have a permissions issue.

If you are going to use Linux, you need to be more aware of owner/rights issues and how to diagnose them.

Regards,
Scott.

i didnt have any problems…so cant be that bad

Hi,

It is a problem about permissions.

Scriptcase is trying to use “chmod” function to give permissions in some files, But it doesn’t have permission to use chmod.

Regards,

V?tor Jamil

Hi Vitor,

It is a problem about permissions.

Scriptcase is trying to use “chmod” function to give permissions in some files, But it doesn’t have permission to use chmod.

Can you explain to this idiot what permissions I should set, bearing in mind that /var/www/scriptcase and everything below it is chmod to 777?

Thank you

It is, because I had to reinstall from scratch. And then the backup files didn’t restore.

Just as well I am not doing anything serious with SC

Thanks Scott. I have done that this morning and it went OK. Re the permissions being at fault, I don’t think so. See my reply to Vitor below.

I would then check our ownership regarding installed files vs generated files.
Is www-data your default?

Regards,
Scott

I’d already verified that.

Is www-data your default?

Yes. The only anomaly that I can see is that I am running it out of Virtualbox due to the PHP5.3 issue. As said before, I don’t want to complicate my main Ubuntu 10.4 desktop by downgrading it to PHP5.2

I continue to have the deployment issue,“Internal Server Error”, which I have now confirmed on yet another server (not virtual host).

I have several VB installs, not a problem.

If you create a basic hello world app and send that up, same thing? If so then post the deploy.zip and I will try it on my end.

Regards,
Scott.

Hi Scott,
See the latest post of my SC5 adventures here.

I have the same error. Not in all applications but in many of them:

mkdir() [function.mkdir]: File exists | Script: C:Inetpubvhostsscriptcase.netspecial.ithttpdocsscriptcasedevellibphpfunctions.inc.php linha: 726

Scriptcase is running on a IIS6 on Wind 2003 Server.

Permitios os scriptacase folder and sub-folder are full permissions for IUSER (internet user), administrator and the “ftp user”.