[SOLVED]8.1 HelpCase image manager

The image manager for HelpCase->Settings->Layout->Header is useless.

The top-level folder is only useful for creating NetMake demos. Upload is disabled. Changing folders to a project-related folder is not possible. Using existing project images is not possible.

I’d mark the priority on this “High”.

Related News: all of the image manager tools are “wonky”. They’re difficult to use, and confusing. No other file manager, ever, anywhere, works the way this one doesn’t. “This is a good example of go home, do it again.” - Agent K “MIB-II” :rolleyes:

The Logo image manager is a different image manager, and it’s completely broken.

It displays the “waiting” gif image forever.

It looks very different. I hope it’s better than the old one, once it can be used.

Giblet, may I ask you for a couple pictures to illustrate your issue, you could also tell me more about your enviorment (send us your php.info) and SC version.

Im sorry to hear that you hit a problem with our new Helpcase, but I couldn’t replicate your issue. Maybe you could clarify.
Our test team will contact you soon.

[QUOTE=Cavadinha;38857]Giblet, may I ask you for a couple pictures to illustrate your issue, you could also tell me more about your enviorment (send us your php.info) and SC version.

Im sorry to hear that you hit a problem with our new Helpcase, but I couldn’t replicate your issue. Maybe you could clarify.
Our test team will contact you soon.[/QUOTE]

Version info: 8.01.0002 on Centos 6.6, upgraded from 8.0.047.

PHP: 5.4.30, Zend: 3.3, GD: 2.1
In short: PHP as it ships with the ScriptCase development environment…

First image is the image manager from HelpCase->Settings->Layout->Header where LIN1_COL1/2/3 set to “Image”. As you can see, this is a scriptcase=specific folder, upload is disabled. No project files are available.

Second image shows the image manager from the same screen (shown in third image for reference), LIN1_COL1/2/3 set to “Logo” and clicking the image manager icon to the right of the Logo field. There’s a different image manager under the waiting image displayed, but it waits forever - never finishes loading.

Those fields on the same screen are probably supposed to use the same image manager. That’s a separate bug. So, we have three bugs in one screen:
[LIST=1]

• Logo image manager locks up with wait.gif image displayed.
  • Column-Image image manager displays a useless folder and Upload is disabled.
  • One screen uses two different image managers.
  • [/LIST]

Note image 2: underlying text label at top-center “scriptcase undefined”… Upgrade bug?

ss2.jpg

ss1.jpg

ss3.jpg

• First image its okay, you can’t upload images at scriptcase.
    There is an arrow in the middle of the screen that you can click and change level (scriptcase, project, user, public) and folder.

The other issue really seems to be a bug, an odd one. Some parameter is missing. I’ll personally foward this to our test team to see if they can reproduce it.

Do something for me, if you can.
    Try creating a new project and a new helpcase just to check if this bug happens, also, send us your diagnosis (Menu > Help > Diagnosis).

It will provide a complete info of your enviorment (even the O.S. might matter).

Thanks for your time.

Ya know… I almost clicked that arrow, but then I thought “No no no… No one would try to create a whole new file manager interface… See this? We’ve got folder icons right here. They just don’t go anywhere useful.”

I should have clicked it just to see what unpredictably random thing would occur. Wow, that’s random. There are very clear application user interface guidelines available for free. I can post links, but most are already linked over on W3C’s site. Wow.

Creating a new project solves the hung image manager, and I have a workaround for existing project. Mark this resolved.

There are two views for the IM. One is the complete when you open directly the tool. The other is a modal one, wich open pretty much everywhere inside scriptcase. Unfortunatelly not everybody uses Full HD monitors, so we have to shrink things like this to fit smaller resolutions.

But this view is the same since the release of 8.0. However, it needs some adjustments (some people don’t even see the arrow), IM will go through some minor changes and usability is one of our focus.

Glad it was solved. We will try to reproduce the issue you encountered, it was an odd bug and we weren’t able to replicate it so far, seems you’ve found the golden egg of bugs.

Thank you for the feedback.