[SOLVED] "Add New" button grid

Is there a bug that prevents the “Add new” button appearing in the toolbar of a grid?

If not, can someone tell me how to add that button into the toolbar please?

I’m using v[SIZE=12px]8.1.015[/SIZE]

It will only appear if you have an application link to a form and have set the appropiate checkbox to ‘on’.

Thanks Aducom. Yes I do have a link and I have “Display button (new row) on the grid toolbar” set to Yes but still no “Add new” button on the grid !!

Have you add the ‘Form Buttons’ in the Toolbar section?

I just posted a bug about not being able to turn that button off from an event.

I agree with the others: “Form Buttons” in the toolbar, plus “Display button (new row) on the grid toolbar” set to Yes.in the link properties.

There is no “new row” button, actually, but you get the idea. It’s labeled “Add New” in English and is referred to as “insert” in the sc_apl_conf macro.

Thank you for all the help. Unfortunately I still don’t have the Add new button on my grids.

I have “Form Buttons” in the toolbar, plus “Display button (new row) on the grid toolbar” set to Yes.in the link properties.

This is on all grids in a new project. In fact on one of the grids “Advanced Search” is on the right of both the top toolbar and the bottom toolbar and they are not selected in the toolbar properties!!

At this stage I have had to create an “Add new” button with some code to make the form act correctly depending on whether I click the new button to add or the pencil to edit.

I’m also reluctant to regenerate old projects in case my form buttons disappear.

Can someone from Scriptcase comment on this thread please?

PM sent to John L. Santos asking for him to contribute to this thread.

I can now dispense with my own created button as sc_btn_display(“new”,“on”); in onScriptInit works.

Surely I shouldn’t have to do this!!

Turning it on in onScriptInit is working for me!!

Thank you John, that worked.

For future reference, can you tell me what went wrong in the first place please?

Hello,

I believe it may have been some dirt in the generated code or the file could not be overwritten.

Please remove SOLVED tag.

IT STILL DOES NOT WORK AS EXPECTED !
see this —> http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/forum/scriptcase-8/bugs-aa/63696-what-is-worng-with-toolbar-form-buttons

Hello,

This thread was started by Garfieldus. He said that could fix the problem by wiping the scriptcase/app folder and generate the project again. Therefore, this case has been solved.

If you are experiencing a similar problem in another topic, we will analyze it there.

Please remove SOLVED tag.

IT STILL DOES NOT WORK AS EXPECTED !
see this —> http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/foru…r-form-buttons

i get it working. thanks for the tip. little question. my project is 360 applications big… is there a way to avoid deleting the project and get this working…

edit: I Get it. You have to delete the local files in the application map, the apps are not deleted! if someone else has problems, for the new button in the grid to work, you also have to put the insert button in the linked form (you can check insert button off if you like).

1 Like