[SOLVED] BUG grid action bar not working correclty after an ajax reload

see next post, as what I wrote initially here is less specific to this bug

bump

can netmake\anyone confirm this is not happening only to me?

BUG: with a grid with pagination set to Total, after a grid ajax reload the action bar will work only for the first ‘n’ records and stop working from record n+1 on.

By “stop working” I mean that the action bar buttons are not even clickable: hovering the mouse over them, the mouse pointer doesn’t change and buttons cannot be clicked.

The root cause of this bug seems to be that after the first ajax reload of the grid, the action bar is refreshed correctly only for the number of records set in “Lines Per Page”, even if Pagination is set to Total.

This is easily riproducibile by just doing this:

• Use a grid app that returns more than 10 records
  • Set the grid pagination to Total (check that “Lines per page” below it is set to 10)
  • Add the Reload button to the grid toolbar
  • Go to the action bar setting and create a new action bar button of type ajax
  • Set the icon (it’s mandatory) for the State1 state, that it’s created by default, to any FontAwesome icon.
  • Save the button and in the ajax code editor add just this line:

echo ‘test’;

• Now run the grid.
  • You’ll see that the action bar button work on all records (action bar button is clickable on all records)
  • Now press the reload button in the grid toolbar.
  • You’ll see that the action bar button will work (clickable) for records from 1 to 10 and it won’t work (it’s not even clickable) from record 11 on.

IMPORTANT NOTE: the “Lines Per Page” setting below the “Pagination (Total | Partial | Infinite)” setting should not have any effect when pagination is set to Total.

But for this weird bug it has an effect: if for example the pagination is briefly changed to Partial with “Lines Per Page” set to 11 and then it 's reverted back to Total, after the ajax reload the issue described above will start from record 12 (i.e. the action bar will work on the first 11 records and it will stop working from record 12).

So to recap what this bug does: when pagination is set to Total, the last record on which the action bar will work after an Ajax reload is the number set in “lines per page” (even if it’s grayed out and not editable). On all records afterwards, the actionbar becomes not clickable.

Hi @robydago

We’re able to replicate this issue in our environment.

I’ve notified de development team and we’ll deliver a fix for it as soon as possible.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Hello @robydago

I’m passing by just to inform you that the fix for this issue is already available in the 9.9.006 version.

Please update your environment to verify if the problem is solved.

Regards.

1 Like