[SOLVED] Calendar- no EXIT button on form

There is no exit or back button on the form called from the calendar app. That means the user has no means to close and escape from the form in modal mode.

Yes, there it is. The problem is sometimes it disappears on production. It happens to me on a project. On my machine (dev), I see the button, but when I deploy to my customer (production), button disappears. After some time struggling my mind with that, I finally decided to add a new button to simulate exit.

Giu, which code do you use?

JS Button:

document.F6.action='yourcalendarappname_fim.php'; document.F6.submit(); return false;; return false;

Was some time ago, don’t remember right now why this way.

Hi there. This problem will be fixed on release 9.0.025. Thanks for reporting.

The reported case was corrected in release 9.0.025. Version available for download and update.

Thanks a lot!! I have an old version of scriptcase and this worked for me!

I’m on the latest version of v9.4.015 and this is still a problem. No cancel button, despite it showing in the toolbar setting. The Exit button appears, but does nothing and the modal form remains open.
Also, Giu solution also not working for some reason.(submits the form but does not close it)
The normal save function works fine… updates the records and closes the modal properly, but I’ve not been able to just close the form without saving

based on Giu’s idea, I created a JS button with the line
window.parent.tb_remove(); This seems to work OK

Never Ending Story!

Why can’t a seemingly simple problem (abort the script and return to the calling script) not be solved. We place exit Buttons with tools and in the development view it is nicely placed. After we deploy on some apps it appears, on some it does not. At times it may even change in inforseen ways.

I appreciate the help of fellow developers and in desperation I might finally do it myself.

Why can’t Scriptcase relieve the suffering of many users an make a button that works?