[SOLVED] Can't connect to port 97

Hi!

I installed V7 without any problem, in fact put the license; all fine. The next day I’m trying to enter (localhost:97/…) but can’t connect to port 97

Any idea?

Ubuntu 12.10

Regards

An obvious question first: is the webserver running? Second, you installed as admin, do you have accessrights? Just a few hints. Too less to go on I’m affraid.

Hello,

Have you tried to connect to 127.0.0.1:97/?

regards
Bernhard Bernsmann

Albert:

question first: yes
question second: yes

I ran very well scriptcase, put my license, check the several options in the menu, all fine until I shutdown my computer and start the next day :frowning:

If I uninstall LAMP and Scriptcase and reinstall again? (LAMP was already installed when I install SC7)

Regards

Bernhard:

The same error with 127.0.0.1:97/ :frowning:

Any config file to change manualy in scriptacse?

I think what is the problem. I have installed LAMP before the scriptcase install. If I uninstall Linux LAMP, maybe fix the problem?

I don’t think so unless your lamp installation is listening to the same port. I’m running SC in two versions and a uniform server instance at the same time. Do you have any process running on the same port?

no, I checked and no process is running in port 97

I’m puzzled. Ah, not even scriptcase? Sorry silly reaction perhaps, but this looks like the webserver is not started. It will not be started if you run scriptcase, it needs to be in the air before that. If it does run, does it listen to another address/port? I’m personally out of options I’m affraid. But I expect you have tried to ping etc.

I went back to reinstall Ubuntu, at the end appears an error window (but does not tell me what this is wrong) and I can work perfectly in ScriptCase, even close firefox and go back inside and works without any problem. The problem is when I restart the computer, it seems as if something is missing in some initialization file :frowning:

Sorry, the message at the end is when install ScriptCase

I went back to reinstall Ubuntu, I install Scriṕtcase and at the end appears an error window (but does not tell me what this is wrong) and I can work perfectly in ScriptCase, even close firefox and go back inside and works without any problem. The problem is when I restart the computer, it seems as if something is missing in some initialization file :frowning:

ok, I will try with another port

When I finish to install SC7 send me an error in /usr/bin/ubuntu-webapps-update-index. If I restart my computer I can’t connect to port 97, I need to know the configuration of any init file that the installer couldn’t update at the end of installation.

If I don’t reebot the computer, I can work fine with SC7

I suggest you grab the sysinternals suite and start up tcpview.exe in admin mode. Then check to see if the port is in use. You should be able to see exactly which program uses which port.
Alternatively you can grab cports from nirsoft.
If the port is really not in use and you can not connect then disable your antivirus (some screw up your machine) and try again.

Hello gsanchez,

As the problem happens when you reboot your computer, your issue is probably happening because SC’s Web Server (the one that listens to 97) isn’t set to start automatically when your PC starts.

As you have installed SC using our installer, get in touch with our support and ask them what is the shell command to set the Web Server to start automatically.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

I was too quick you are using ubuntu.
Well you can check out this page http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/what-process-has-open-linux-port/
or http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-display-open-ports-owner.html

Thank you very much to all of you who were interested in my case, I add the instruction “/opt/NetMake/v7/components/apache/sc_apache start” to the file /etc/r.local and the problem was solved

Best regards

Thanks !! :slight_smile: