[SOLVED]Editable View does not allow for distinct field attributes per row/record

In a form application defined as Editable Grid View Orientation, I want to be able to set certain fields as readonly based on the content of one of the fields in the record. So the first row/record in the grid might have columns 3 and 5 set to readonly, then the second row/record might have columns 3 and 5 not readonly, but columns 7 and 8, and so on. How can this be done?

Re: Editable Grid View does not allow for distinct field attributes per row/record

Just to be clear, I tried to sc_field_readonly() in the onLoadRecord event. The problem is that all the rows in the grid end up having the readonly attribute set to what the last record loaded is set to.
Such that:
Record 1 - field jobtype = 0, field Name is readonly
Record 2 - field jobtype = 1, field Name is NOT readonly

Now when accessing each record the field Name is NOT readonly. It seems that the sc_field_readonly is applying to the entire field Name column and not each individual Cell of the table.

Re: Editable Grid View does not allow for distinct field attributes per row/record

Hello,

That is how the macro works, you either set the whole field as readonly or you don’t. It is not possible to set to each individual registry (cell) of the table.

You can send this as a suggestion to us at suggestion@scriptcase.net.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

This feature is very important. I have needed it several times. Has it been taken into account?