[SOLVED]Export Pdf Grid return error 404

In production environment, a PDF export of a grid returns error 404, and the download button returns a 0 KB file

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n77263[/ATTACH]

SCRIPTCASE_009.jpg

I saw that ScriptCase does not create the temporary pdf file in the folder
_lib / tmp
[ATTACH=CONFIG]n77338[/ATTACH]

SCRIPTCASE_010.jpg

I saw in the error_log and it returns the following error:
[26-May-2017 10:11:09 Europe/Rome] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: int_step in C:\xampp2\htdocs\desktop\grid_accessori_181\grid_accessori_181_gauge_ctrl.php on line 68

Hello,

PDF generation displays message: “Not Found”: https://support.scriptcase.net/index…sage-not-found

You need to run the generated file .log, this file can be found in the /tmp folder.
The command must be run starting folder /prod/third/wkhtmltopdf\win.

• You need to access your terminal server via SSH (shell)
  • Go to the wkhtmltopdf folder in your production environment, ( /prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/win) - Run the command generated in the file .log on tmp folder and check the error is occurring.

Ej.: ./wkhtmltopdf-i386 --page-size A4 --orientation Portrait --header-right “[page]” --javascript-delay 250 http://mydomain/prod/_lib/tmp/sc_gri…hdlp7dap6.html /var/www/prod/_lib/tmp/sc_pdf_20130206463058_196_grid.pdf

• Starting this error we can make a better diagnosis of your environment, and come at a solution.

(All steps should be performed via prompt.)

Thank you Santos. The problem was solved by installing Visual c ++ 2015 x86

Thank you both.
It points the direction where to look. And it is something in relation with a third party product. But I expexted that the latest V9 installation does the work. I started 100% from scratch on a brand new laptop.
There is nothing in the installation that warns me to do something extra after installation. So everybody who downloads a trial will run in this problem.
Not good for selling V9.
I hope some of the developers read this and correct the problem.
If not then I have to dive in the installation and/or php / apache. I am not an expert in this. One of the reasons that I use SC is that it give me the option to
make applications without deep programming code knowledge.

Regards Bert
Come back to this to-morrow. And I going to sent a messsage to sales…

Answer from my Provider

Thank you for your message.

I have checked your request and unfortunately I have to inform you that the module wkhtmltopdf is not installed by default on our servers and can not be installed later. For this reason, you receive the corresponding error message.

The reason for this is the many dependencies that the tool brings with it. The tool requires the installation of some packages. Please note that our effort would not be limited to the installation. Every extension has to be extensively tested on our infrastructure beforehand, and it is then rolled out and regularly maintained. We therefore try to keep the number of installed extensions as low as possible.

I hope that by installing SC windows or linux the module for exporting pdf is enough. So you do not need to call your provider. SC installation should do the work. In the version of last week it was ok, but than there came an update…Two questions: How to go back to the V9 of last week? And is there an converter from V9 to V8.1 as an escape in case of?

I have a constraint on this issue…Nobody from sales / support is reacting…I can not deliver to my customer.
Yes I know, I should not work for production with V9, but…I slipped in. Till this stupid easy to repair (i think) issue…hrrr.
Remake everything in V8.1. …a lot of work, but there is no other way.

Question: Do you think development still works on approvements in V8.1?

Solution: Donot generate a PDF to tmp, but show it immediatly with the setting in the export menu…still for me it is a bug

Hello,

This problem has been fixed for new installations.

[SIZE=14px]HI… in case this is useful, here is how I resolved the problem on v8.1 production server (By trawling through the error logs)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px]1. Copied the wkhtmltopdf-amd64 file from my Scriptcase v9.0.15 system[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px]2. checked permission on wkhtmltopdf-amd64 and set it to allow execute (744)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px]3. Found that .phantomjs was not set to execute and set the CHMOD to 744[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px]This appears to have done the trick and I can now generate pdfs from the prod environment again.[/SIZE]

Clearly it would be better if the prod environment already has the correct permissions (CHMOD), but this worked for me.

i have the latest installation (today) and still ran into this problem on osx setup