[SOLVED]Global Variable Missing

I created a multiple record form in SC 7 with a Where SQL search with global variable [category]. Run it, it asked for variable, i type it in. Then it says it is the global variable is missing.

I do the same thing in SC 6 and it works perfectly???

Unless something is new it must be a bug.

Hello,

Have you set [category] output to “Out”?

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

The variable must be set to “in” as we are wanting to select only those records that match the global variable [category].

My understanding for global variable out is when you use it in other applications.

this is the message i get

The following global variables are missing: category;

Seems to be a bug in sc7 as I get it to work perfectly in sc6

I can be an error, haven’t had the time to check it. But you need out in the application which creates the global variable. If you use in then it assumes that the global variable is created elsewhere and will look for the header variables or sessionvariables to find the variable. Here that is not the case so the global variable must be set to out. I useually advise to create all global variables in one spot, i.e. in the logon application if you have one. It prevents problems like these and it allows a better documentation in code.

I set up the global variables as suggested. Made sure the settings are the same as SC6 and still get this…

Hello Mr. Patterson,

I believe the best way to find a proper solution on your case, is to send the application to our support. Our chat is active on workdays from 8:00am to 6:00pm, and our ticket system is always available.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

will do. Thanks for the great support. I really like scriptcase.

Hello Mr. Patterson,

I believe your issue was being caused due to a bug, which it was fixed on our last release. Please update your ScriptCase, and if the issue continues get in touch with our support.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Just updated and ran the app. Everything works! Consider this bug a dead one:cool:

Thanks

Thanks also for your feedback.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

I just updated my scriptcase for the lastest release and the bug is back again.

I update the Feb 28 changes. Now the bug is back again

Hello,

I will check that with our bugs team.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

I have the same problem on 7.00.0011

The problem ‘goes away’ if I change the form to a ‘Single record’ instead of any of the other choices…

Hello,

Issue reported to our bugs team.

Please update to 7.00.0012 and let me know if the issue continues.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

It still happens after the update.

Nick

I have a problem related with global variables as well … specifically in security module by application, validation is fine, the problem is that anything after the login won’t see [usr_name] variable… works perfectly in SC6.

• Edit
    Sorry for using this thread to post my problem, but seems to be a general problem with global variables.

the problem is not solved it exist in SC 7.00.0016.
The value of the variable disappears if I use a different choice from ‘single record’ of form.
please fix it.