[SOLVED] GRID: Navigate to page 2 show processing forever

I have a problem with a grid that for some reason show Processing forever if I try to navigate to another page or change the number of row per page.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Did this start happening after updating to 9.7?
I am having a similar issue, but for me its a form… the AJAX “Processing” message just spins and spins without ever navigating to the next record.

I don’t have a Version 9.6 compare to and see if its working and has anything at all to do with the upgrade or not.

No, I am still on 9.6

Try whith debug mode. There is, probably, an error in SQL statement.

No SQL is clean

Thank you

I’m running version 9.6.018 and I never faced this issue on my development environment and production. (over 100+ applications) Windows 10, MySQL 8, Apache 2.4 and PHP 7.3.

It’s all depends on your setup and how you’re running the grid. For myself, I used to do a lot of coloring and conditional checks on the fields which makes my application a bit slow. So I’ve removed all these things and everything is super fast now.

Also another hint is to exclude NetMake folder from Antivirus scan which will increase the application performance significantly.

I don’t have a speed issue, everything is running very well (234 applications).

I have only one grid that is behaving like that, it’s not slow, it’s stuck, it will show processing for hour without ever showing the next page of the the grid.

I am planning the redo this grid with the exact same configuration and SQL to see what will happen

For your information, I recreate the grid from scratch, using the same events, SQL and field configuration and it’s working fine now.

Good to know… SCARY… but good to know!

Had the same problem, fairly randomly on a grid that’s been OK for some months. I added a couple of toolbar items with some simple logic and when I recompiled it worked fine on the first record(one per page in my case) but got stuck when clicking the usual navigate button to the next record. I could actually see the record, but the processing overlay covered the screen and it never went away.

I closed the Scriptcase dev environment (and actually rebooted my machine) then went back in and created a brand new app with the exact same name, but with a rudamentary grid. This app displayed the exact same problems!

I renamed the original app and it worked fine!

It looked like something in Scriptcase got tweaked on the original appname and it created the problem for all apps with the same name.

One solution for anyone else who experiences this might be to simply rename the offending app and try it again.

I hope this helps.