[SOLVED] How to disable ZendGuardLoader in App wrote in SC 7.1

Guys,

Where to find good working HOWTO for Linux (Gentoo) and PHP 5.3? I tried to install SC 7.1 and should install ZendGuardLoader.so (as requirements). Could I disable ZendGuardLoader ?? I don’t need it.

You do need it if you want to run Scriptcase. The IDE is precompiled in Zend.

Hi,

But should I have Zend Guard Loader client’s server where I am going to deploy applications?

Hi daretzki,
I am a SC user… just like Albert said, you only need Zend installed on your PHP server if you are going to run Scriptcase IDE itself . You can deploy to any website with PHP… no need to worry about the Zend. On my host server, I have a choice what PHP version I use, etc. I have also done the zend install many times in Linux now, for the IDE part.

In case you really want to run the SC IDE up there, I am going to paste my general process checklist below. I run SC6, SC7.1 , as well as development test sites for my apps, up on a hosted server.

1. check if your hosting server is 32 BIT or 64 BIT. Different version of zend needed - mine was 32 as below, not 64 bit

2. a helpful post: http://forums.eukhost.com/f30/how-install-compile-zend-guard-loader-15744/#.UkXomNJNJ8F

3. created a new server application folder/website, using php5.3 (if you use other PHP version, get the proper downloads below)

4. log into your host using SSH - do following steps (assumes you have made the new website in a folder named XXyourfolderXX, on your account name YYyouraccountYY)

cd XXyourfolderXX

wget http://downloads.zend.com/guard/5.5.0/ZendGuardLoader-php-5.3-linux-glibc23-i386.tar.gz

tar -zxvf ZendGuardLoader-php-5.3-linux-glibc23-i386.tar.gz

mkdir cgi-bin

cp ZendGuardLoader-php-5.3-linux-glibc23-i386/php-5.3.x/ZendGuardLoader.so cgi-bin/

touch php.ini

nano php.ini
(put the following in that php.ini file)
zend_extension = /home/YYyouraccountYY/webapps/XXyourfolderXX/cgi-bin/ZendGuardLoader.so
zend_loader.enable = 1

rm ZendGuardLoader-php-5.3-linux-glibc23-i386 -R

rm ZendGuardLoader-php-5.3-linux-glibc23-i386.tar.gz

1. when you run SC7.1 you will have to go thru an install process. It tells you with a diagnostic screen if the zend is working properly or not.

I have done this several times and you have to be careful about getting the correct version and bit version that matches your setup. Once it works, it just works :slight_smile:

Good luck!
Jamie

Hi Jamie and Albert,

Great. Thanks for your great support.
Please close thread.