[SOLVED] How to set column width in Editable Grid View form?

Hi Friends,

I have an editable grid view form and I like to set the width of each column to be fixed in “VIEW” Mode.

While in “Edit” mode, the width of each columns can bet set in each field’s setting (i.e. Field width or width in px). But in normal “VIEW” (browse) mode, the width is automatically set by scriptcase.

Is there anyway I can set the width of each column at a fixed space? How do I do that?

Have you tried Table Columns in the Settings menu for the app? That allows for Automatic or Provided.

How do you set if I choose “provided”?

Fields -> Field Name -> Display Settings -> Width should do it.

Yeah! Working now. Thanks

Cumbersome at best. I have spent HOURS trying to set the width of a phone number field so that it doesn’t wrap. Table Columns in the Settings menu for the app is set to “Provided”. Fields -> Field Name -> Display Settings -> Width is set to 150. It does not work. I have another similar application where it does work. I’ve compared one app to the other. No difference that I can see. Cannot set the width of the field.

Did you try the amount-character setting? If that does not work either use CSS to set the width of the column

Discovered that if I leave it alone and come back to it later - it did work. Must be caching something.

Caching is definitely an issue with a lot of ‘appearance’ related things on ScriptCase - which makes it even harder to work out why something doesn’t do what you expect when you change a setting.

1 Like